*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2034294-Anticipation
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #2034294
It is about a little girl waiting in a doctors office
“What are we waiting for?” I asked the little boy who was sitting beside me but he did not answer me.  We were sitting in a dark room with dimmed lights and screaming kids.  Waiting for someone to call our name.  I was sitting there and all I was hearing was moms and dads screaming at their children, telling them to “sit down and stop crying”.  I looked at my mother and she was reading a book not paying attention to anything that was going on.  Time after time I would hear someone call a Childs name and the child would slowly get up from what they were doing, walk through a door down a dark hallway with a smiling lady waiting to greet them. I would sit and wonder when it was going to be my turn.  I was ready to walk at that door with either a lollypop or sticker in my hand, smiling form ear to ear.  I was starting to fall asleep because I was hearing this horrible music playing in the background.  One little boy was sitting in the floor playing with building books all happy and giggle ling when all of a sudden someone called his name and his mother grabbed him off the floor kicking and screaming dragging him into the dark hallway.    I was so happy when the young lady finally called my name.  I ran back there and the dentist looked at my teeth and told me I was doing a fantastic job.  When he was done I ran out of the door with the sticker in my hand. 
© Copyright 2015 Gillian Brooks (gillianbrooks4 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2034294-Anticipation