*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2034596-Helen-MCGummer
Rated: 13+ · Other · Contest Entry · #2034596
young mother cares for son
          In a little country home in Wyoming, resides young Helen McGummer and her four month old son Bob. Helen cradles young Bob to her as she watches the rain descend from the heavens outside. At quiet times such as this, Helen reflects on how things came to this. Young Bob stirs and she adjusts his position as she genuflects on the past. Newly turned 16 Helen finds herself smitten with a certain lead singer of the rock group, The Gorries. Rick Tory, at 19 was a known heart breaker as well as the best rock singer of the millennial generation. Helen had snuck out one night to be at their next concert in her own home town. Her parents would be furious when they found out. Helen was determined that they wouldn't. Her parents were early to bed and early to rise. She figured she would have enough time to sneak out and be back before she was ever missed.



         Up till then, there weren't any problems to get in her way. She left home, and got to the concert just two miles from where she lived. Trouble arose after, at a party that was held at a nearby hotel sponsoring the band. Helen saw a few familiar faces among the myriad of strangers. She would get one more drink before she left for home. Helen turned around from grabbing a Pepsi from a poolside cooler to find none other than the Tory standing in front of her. She can't quite remember what was said that night. Some niceties, some comments about the band, and Helen found herself led to an upstairs bedroom and, as the saying goes, the rest is history.



         Helen would always have a special in her heart for her ''Little Bob''. Nothing would ever change that.
© Copyright 2015 BlueMoon (spongequeen13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2034596-Helen-MCGummer