*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2034612-Forbidden-Island---Prologue
Rated: E · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #2034612
The story begins.
         "Land ho!" Gwen shouted excitedly as she bounced up and down on the balls of her feet. Outside the window of the helicopter, the island was quickly coming into view.
         Steve rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. They'd only been in the helicopter for a few hours, but to him it felt like an eternity- especially when he had to listen to Benny tell the same stories and jokes as he did yesterday. And the day before. And the day before that. If anyone were to ask him, though, Steve would admit that he was glad they'd finally found the island- he could never tell a lie.
         "Woah! Really?!" Benny said, jumping up to look out the window with Gwen.
         "Look!" Gwen pointed out the window to the small cluster of trees growing larger in the distance.
         Genevieve got up and joined the two at the window. "That's an island alright," she said, "but are you sure it's THE island?"
         "Of course it is!" Nicholas shouted, then blushed and sank back into his seat. "Probably..."
         Steve smirked and rolled his eyes again.
         As the island grew closer the six adventurers grew more and more anxious to step outside of the helicopter and stretch their legs after the long ride.
         "Alright, everybody buckle up. We're about to land!" Therese's voice sounded over the intercom.
         Steve and Nicholas buckled their seat belts as the other three left the window and sat down in their seats. When everybody was seated and safe, Therese began to maneuver the helicopter down onto the clearing in the center of the island.

         Gwen jumped out of the helicopter onto the ground, followed by Benny, Genevieve, Steve, Nicholas, and finally Therese. The six of them stood in the clearing and looked around. Surrounding the clearing were five giant gates, all differfently shaped and made from different materials.
         "Yep, this is definitely it." Benny said with a nod. "This is the Forbidden Island."
© Copyright 2015 mauriceOpye (mauriceopye at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2034612-Forbidden-Island---Prologue