*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2035592-Bodily-Injury-Law
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2035592
A Legal article I wrote for a client.
Bodily Injury Liability covers an individual if they are in an accident, if someone is injured, and in the victim decides to bring litigation against the party at fault. Bodily Injury Liability may also cover the damages you are legally responsible for and covers any legal defense costs. Bodily injury liability also covers the costs of medical expenses and lost income compensation. It usually appears as 50,000/100,000. These amounts break down into how much per person and how much per accident. An important element of determining who pays the bills is determining where the fault lies. The fault is an extremely important factor of car accidents because it determines who must pay for all of the damage. In some States fault is mandatory 50/50; meaning both parties share an equal amount of the blame and responsibility.

Once an accident is reported the officer at the scene of the accident will decide where the fault lies based on the statements made by both parties. This type of liability is mandatory in most states and each has a specified minimum amount a driver must have. A driver can find this information on their Auto insurance policy, also check the individual state of residence to ensure the legal amount is met. A confusing element of bodily injury liability is knowing the coverage that is provided to whom. If a driver causes an accident and individuals are injured the driver who is at fault will not have medical expenses covered by bodily injury liability.

However, if the driver is injured by another party, their bodily injury liability is responsible for covering the injured parties medical expenses. A driver who was transporting passengers in their vehicle at the time the accident occurred are covered depending upon the type of liability policy the driver carries. In some instances, passengers will not be covered if certain requirements or circumstances are not met. When choosing this kind of coverage it is important to make sure all assets, including home and all of your future earnings are protected. This is crucial because if the damages exceed the liability coverage the person at fault will be held liable for the excess amount. With any insurance policy exceptions do occur; if someone has been harmed intentionally or property damage occurs bodily injury liability will not protect the party at fault.
© Copyright 2015 Grace Jeffries (gracielou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2035592-Bodily-Injury-Law