*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2035949-A-Racoon-is-Nothing-but-Trouble
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #2035949
Children's Story
A Raccoon is Nothing but Trouble


by EillahM


Early one bright morning Jordan woke to a loud crash out side of his bedroom window. Yawning sleepily, he stretched and rolled out of bed.

"Mama!", he called as he rubbed his eyes and walked to the window.

He leaned forward seeing a metal trash can roll back and forth.

"What is it, sweetie?" his Mama asked.

"There is a noise out there," he pointed to the window. "Is it a monster?"

His mother laughed. "Do you see that fluffy stripped tail swishing back and forth ? It's just a raccoon and a raccoon is nothing but trouble."

Jordan laughed as he watched it play. It Peaked around the can with its long nose. The black fur around its eyes looked like a mask. It ran quickly when Jordan's mother went out to clean up the scattered trash.

Later that day, Jordan was playing with cars in his sand pile. Hearing a noise in the bush he called, "Mama".

"Yes son?" She asked.

"There is something in that bush."

They quietly watched a moment and saw a fuzzy masked  head pop out.

"It's not a monster, it's a raccoon and a raccoon is nothing but trouble. He's eating my raspberries."

Jordan laughed, "He's hungry."

"How about you?" Mother asked. "Would you like a snack?"

"Sure!" he said as he jumped up to run inside.

Jordan washed his hands and Mother gave him cheese, crackers and grapes.

He ran outside and threw the food near the bush.

He walked back to the sandbox looking toward the bush often. As he began playing he realized his favorite car was missing. "Mama!" he yelled.

Just then he heard a banging sound from the garage. Mother came quickly out the door. Jordan followed her as she quickly walked across the yard towards the garage. "Ahhhhh!" she screamed with surprise when they saw the raccoon jump from behind some old boards. Jordan laughed.

"Oh!" Mother said , "A raccoon is nothing but trouble!"

Jordan spent the rest of the afternoon looking for his favorite little car. He dug holes in the sand. He crawled on the grass under the swing set. He dumped all the water out of his wading pool. He ate dinner, got a bath and brushed his teeth.

He looked out this bedroom window as the evening sun was setting low. He shrieked in joy at the site of the raccoon! The raccoon jumped in surprise and dropped something small and shiny.

"Mama!" Jordan called. "Can I go outside?  The raccoon dropped something."

Mama poked her head in the door. "Oh that raccoon is nothing but trouble." she said." T-R-O-U-B-L-E. It's probably just an acorn but we will go see. Then it's bedtime for you."

Jordan laughed when he found his favorite car laying in the driveway. "See mama," he said,  “ A raccoon is sometimes not trouble." He kissed her cheek and went to bed dreaming about a mischievous raccoon.

© Copyright 2015 EillahM (eillahm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2035949-A-Racoon-is-Nothing-but-Trouble