*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2036014-Robert-Halls-First-Assignment
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #2036014
Robert Hall,has just been assigned to work with the Avengers
Author’s notes - Really! Prepare yourself for the life of a government field agent that has been assigned to work with the Avengers



I don't own the Avengers, or work for any agencies; Stan Lee and Marvel are the owners to these rights. Robert Hall, is my Character



Three months ago, Loki returned to Midgard, claiming to be a changed man. Naturally, no one believed him and kept a very close eye on him. As part of his punishment, he becomes a member of the Avengers, although he has been stripped of the majority of his magic. Odin, did tell him that if he can prove that he has changed, his magic will be restored

This is my first story. I hope you will like it. I will read your reviews, and try to get better. This is another updated version, thank you to all my beta testers, for your valuable input.

This story takes place roughly six months after the events of the first Avengers movie. Tony Stark, Pepper Potts, Bruce Banner, Thor, Loki, Natasha, Clint, and Steve have been living in the Stark Tower together during that time.



It was a cold, rainy, autumn day; everybody was relaxing inside the newly renovated Stark Tower. Tony and Pepper were talking with Bruce about new experiments for Stark Industries. Natasha and Clint were sitting on a plush grey sofa discussing future training plans for the team. Steve and Loki were having a debate on the military history of WWII while Thor was wandering about the floor wearing a white apron and carrying a Swiffer duster; he was amazed that the Swiffer duster was capable of holding so much dust. The peace of the day was day was interrupted by a familiar voice that spoke from the ceiling. It was Jarvis, the tower's A.I. butler.

Sir, there is someone at the security desk requesting to speak to the team."

Tony, without raising his head, took a sip of his scotch and then replied, "Jarvis, I don't care what they have to say or what they need. If they want to meet us, they gotta’ make an appointment, I’m busy."

Pepper looked at Tony, raising an eyebrow. "You, busy? That's a good one. We’re not doing anything important right now. Why not let them up here?”

Before Tony could respond, Jarvis replied, "Sir, the person requesting to meet you has stated that unless you would like the IRS to do a full audit history of your business and personnel records, it would be wise to make yourself more available."

Everyone stopped and looked at Tony knowingly. Tony wasn't able to defend himself(,) because Pepper jabbed Tony in the ribs and replied, "Jarvis, please show in our guest.”

"Certainly Miss. Potts"

A few minutes later, the elevator opened and a man with black hair and a short goatee walked in, wearing a silk business suit. He looked around the same age as Bruce, some grey creeping through his sideburns. He had a bit of a beer gut, he walked kind of like a duck, and he was carrying a dark brown leather briefcase under his armpit. Altogether, they didn’t know what to make of him.

"Hello everyone" the man greeted. "Thank you, Miss Potts, for allowing me into your lovely home. Allow me to introduce myself - my name is Robert Hall. I was transferred over from the F.B.I. to S.H.I.E.L.D recently to be your new case worker. The government felt that a case worker would be needed to handle your free time and public image."

"Well, nice to meet you, Mister Hall, but I am curious: why would a case worker from the F.B.I. be assigned to work with the Avengers?" asked Pepper.

"Please, call me Robert,” he said with a friendly grin. “I’ll be working with you for the foreseeable future, so we might as well loosen up a little, don't you agree?" Robert replied. "Anyways, the first order of business… Although we are still grateful for your help with stopping that dumbass over there from wrecking the planet," at that, he pointed at Loki, who did not look pleased in the least, "We need to monitor your dealings with him to be sure that he isn’t a threat any longer.” Loki raised an eyebrow icily, which didn’t deter Robert from continuing.

Pepper looked at Tony critically. "Tony, what happened last month? I wasn't informed about anything happening." She questioned.

"Oh? Tony didn't tell you about the little pushing match between Thor and the Hulk down on 5th Avenue during rush hour?" questioned Robert. "It wrecked fifteen cars, which one of those was a beautiful 1966 Black Mustang convertible, three buses, four buildings, and a bunch of traffic lights. Thankfully, Hawkeye has that sleeping gas arrow, which knocked Thor out."

Thor, who had excused himself just after Robert's comment on the pushing match, re-entered the room just in time to hear Robert's comment and defended himself with, "I don't care for your opinions about my behavior. The malapert beast had eaten my sandwich, and when I confronted him, he lied to me."

Banner looked at his teammate and said with an exasperated sigh, "For the sixtieth time, I did not eat your sandwich, I was sleeping. Why would I eat your sandwich when I know it was yours??"

Thor responded with, "Well, you had sandwich crumbs on your shirt, mayonnaise on your face, and my special plate in front of you." Thor was getting mad, he walked over towards the doctor and pushed him, not to hard, but he enough for the doctor to move backwards a little

"That may be true, but I didn't eat your sandwich," Banner defended himself in a louder voice, his eyes and skin starting to turn a lovely shade of green. As he walked towards Thor

Recognizing the tell-tale signs of the Hulk's transformation, Robert knew he had to cut in before things spiraled out of control.

"ENOUGH!" Robert shouted. "It doesn't take a genius to see where this is headed. Did either of you think to ask Jarvis who ate the sandwich?" Thor and Bruce looked at each other, and they both realized that they had forgotten that minor detail.

"If you two had a quarter of a brain, you could look in the corner and see Big Bird over there laughing at you." Robert pointed at Loki, and immediately Banner and Thor could see him snickering. The trickster stopped when he saw both of them looking at him, which gave him the feeling that something bad was going to happen to him.

Robert cleared his throat and continued, "Anyways, all three of you will drop it. One of my jobs is to try and reduce your 'horseplay.' Thankfully, you didn't kill or seriously injure anyone. However, that little incident leads me to believe that you lot will need hobbies to keep you all occupied when you're not on a mission."

Tony, having had enough of Robert already, slammed his drink down on the counter in a show of aggravation. He would be dammed if this stranger was going to try to take over the team. "First of all, Stark tower belongs to me. This is my home you’re shoving into. I'll be dammed if some suit-wearing jack-wagon is going to tell us what to do," he snapped. "What makes you think you could just waltz right into the lair of seven super-humans and bark orders at us?"

“Five super-humans,” Loki mumbled, disinterested in the whole thing other than the vendetta he now had against Robert for selling him out earlier.

Natasha got up from her place on the couch and glared at Robert. "This is going to be a very rare moment, but I agree with Tony," she stated flatly. "Nothing bothers me more than some stranger telling me what to do, especially one I have no respect for."

Loki got up and with a sly grin. "It matters not what you way. I’ll do what I want to and there’s nothing you can do about that."

Robert looked at Loki in annoyance. He would be damned if he'd let this guy talk to him like that. "Really? This coming from the guy who's responsible for killing hundreds of people? Let me tell you what you are: you are a spam-humping piece of crap who likes to have sex with horses, and you can shut up and sit down,” Robert jeered.

To everyone’s surprised, Loki just gave him a confused look, sitting back down. They eyed him critically, silently wondering about where Robert came up with his insults and how they had worked so perfectly.

“Okay, now that I have everyone’s attention…”

© Copyright 2015 rdboyle72 (stitchfan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2036014-Robert-Halls-First-Assignment