*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2036762-A-Monster
Rated: 13+ · Other · Educational · #2036762
How important it is to explain the dangers of meth before your child turns down that road.
Today I got home from some shopping, normal day…And my sister tells me that her nine year old daughter asks her what meth is. METH. That’s right. She told her mom that she had heard from a kid a few years older than her that everyone tries meth and so, she was going to try it when she get’s older.

Blink. Blink.

See, I differ from some parents. Some of you may think it’s the worst thing in the world, explaining it. Talking about it at all is somehow introducing it to your child…But if you don’t scare the hell out of them now…they’ll hear about it from friends later. They won’t hear the bad things…just the “good” things. And if it becomes available, if they need an escape or–are easily persuaded by friends…You’ll be given the gift of watching your child DIE.

They need to know.

Meth is DEATH.

There is nothing fun or “good” about it.
Tell your child before it’s too late…You may think you can do it once or twice with friends, just fun right? At first, maybe…But that passes so fast. Before you know it, you have no one. Your friends and family are gone. They no longer know you. Hell, you won’t even know you.

The longer you smoke meth, the less likely it is that one; you’ll quit. Yeah, that’s a fact. Some people can let it go, get away from it. IF they’re left any strength from it. They can fight back. It’s a long, painful fight. But it can be done. Two; It’s also less likely that IF after years and years, you find the will to quit, your brain will EVER be the same. PERMANENT DAMAGE-IT KILLS YOUR BRAIN!
And the big one, Three; It’s less likely that you’ll ever know your love and life again.

If it’s hard to explain, try comparing it to something that they know makes you lose everything.

Think of it like this.

Meth is a cancer. We’ve all seen or heard about some of the worst of them…Meth is a cancer that NEVER let’s go. The fight is so hard, because it’s controlling most of your brain. Leaving very little of your brain to work properly. It’s a brain cancer. Hate me for the comparison. My daughter’s dad died from brain cancer after a SIX year battle. He was a lucky one.
Meth may allow a few years longer than cancer…but what is it really leaving you? You become a monster. You will lie, cheat, steal…commit heinous crimes. You might even physically hurt or KILL someone. Because the moral life that once lived inside you, it’s gone. There is nothing in your brain telling you what’s right or wrong.

EVERYONE is born and death is certain. Life alone throws wild balls and tomorrow is not a promise. BUT…bring that meth into your body and your life. And you can guarantee that the life in you is dying. And dying faster than the people around you. Your brain dies, your teeth and your hair. Your skin. Your heart…It’s all dying in over-drive. Because meth is a monster, and it’s only objective is to KILL.

I don’t know, maybe I’m too serious about it. Nine year olds shouldn't even know about a drug like meth. But in this day and age…your kids are learning from kids at school. Possibly the neighbors or the parents of their friends. They are surrounded by negative influences, and you need to explain the pain and loss that is inevitable in a life lived on meth. Wake up and make your child understand how much they stand to lose, and how much you would lose, watching them die. Life is too valuable to risk on “trying” a drug that has one purpose.

Death.



Maybe I seem too extreme about it.

I have watched someone that I love get lost in meth. He was just a teenager when he started. He has never found the strength to quit. He’s lost. In his head and his addictions. He lied and stole…cheated. His own family wasn’t an exception. Because he’s forgotten the love part of life.

I used to have hope. I was always here, trying to help, trying to talk him up, and into believing that he was loved and important. I’ve seen him with a face so swollen from a beating that he was unrecognizable. NOTHING has been stronger than the control that METH has over him.

If you wait and your child steps into that world…you may never know the being that you created and loved again.

Just think about it, World…Peace and Love

-Elle Maeson
© Copyright 2015 Elle Maeson Hughes (ellemaeson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2036762-A-Monster