*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2037040-Penny-Candy
by Smit
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #2037040
A small vignette from a childhood memory
The vibrant explosion of color radiated from behind the glass. Hundreds of bright colors and shapes lay in wait for my hungry eyes. looking across the varied colorful landscape they all scream "Pick Me". Left right up and down my eager eyes dance. From the bottom of the landscape I saw them in their own containment tank. What I had been looking for. My stomach fluttered with butterflies suddenly loosed upon it. I pointed to them, and the lady behind the glass took them from their tank with a shiny scoop. Into their Brown paper bag they went. Handing me the closed sack, I opened it as my eyes widened with excitement. Happily I looked up at the clerk I smiled widely at her. Reaching inside I pulled  a piece of  treasure from my bag. Placing it in my mouth smiling as I savored the sweet treat. To this day I am amazed at how the simple pleasures of  my childhood like Swedish fish candy, can still make me feel warm, with memories of my childhood, so long ago.
© Copyright 2015 Smit (captainlobes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2037040-Penny-Candy