*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2037310-Theme-Park-Story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2037310
Girl enters abandened theme park to retreive ticket
Abandoned Theme Park Story

The towering gates loom only steps away. I reach out and rattle them, quickly retreating as they swing wide open. Slowly, I move forward, holding my breath as if the ground will collapse beneath me. The gates slam shut behind me with a shudder. I whip my head around to see an old clown face, it's disturbing eyes staring right at me, as if daring me to go further. I shiver as I walk further into the depths of the mist.

I take a deep breath. All I need is to retrieve a ticket, from the ticket box below the roller coaster, to prove that I'm not the wimp everyone thinks I am. I force my feet to keep moving. One foot forward, other foot forward, one foot forward. I keep going till the thick fog parts to reveal the rusty remains of a roller coaster. The kids at school said it was big -even huge- but nothing they said could even come close to the soaring height of this rusty beast. The scaffolding reach heights I thought to be impossible and the rails stretch up into a swirling blizzard of cloud like a ghost reaching down from the heavens. The words "Fun Zone" are engraved in the archway looming ahead of me. I don't know much, but this is not what classifies as "fun" to me.

I trudge on forward, imagining Jessie's stunned face when she finds out I, Ellie Turner, was the one who finally had the guts to enter the heart of the abandoned theme park. Her and her gang of minions. Next time, they will think twice about humiliating me in front of the whole school. Right when I almost forget why I'm in this creepy place, a laugh rings out. It chills me to the core. I scream and right when I'm about to run back, I stop myself. I take a deep breath. Almost there, almost there; I try to reassure myself but that laugh...

I'm jogging now. I want to get that ticket as soon as possible, so I can get out of this creepy place and show everyone my proof. I hear rustling leaves behind me. I start to run. I'm almost there. So close to my goal. It feels like the whole theme park has come to life now. The fact that I'm petrified makes me run even faster. I hear rustles and groans emanating from the rides and stalls. The ticket box looms just in front of me now. I lurch forward and stretch my hand into the ticket box. I tear off my ticket. My ticket to a better life. I donĂ¢t care how I'm going to get home. All I care about is this little ticket of gold in my hands.




© Copyright 2015 Claire Groome (c.bear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2037310-Theme-Park-Story