*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2037507-temporary-insanity
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Gin
Rated: 18+ · Novella · Internet/Web · #2037507
gullible woman falls for internet scam then turns to Secret Service as informant
Sarah had been divorced six months now. It was time to move on, create a new life for herself, one without a man calling the shorts.

Lisa insisted that Sarah download skype on her computer, phone and ipad as she ticked off a litany of instructions for her. Things that Lisa wanted Sarah to do to facilitate their ability to stay as close as possible, now that Sarah was moving to DC. Sarah reminded her best friend at least three times a da,y for the final week prior to her move, that DC was within driving distance, and if Lisa wouldn't make the drive, Sarah would. She loved to drive, especially if it was only a one day drive with plenty of days to play before she had to return. It was her habit to stop at the Cracker Barrel where her sister worked, on her way out of town. Every time, she would get a fresh travel mug of coffee and a good audio book, preferably one of Stephen King's newest books that she had been wanting to read.

They finally said their last good byes for the thrid time that morning. This was it! Sarah was in the car, motor running and gear in reverse. She backed out into the street, making sure that it was clear, then waved at Lisa as she put it in 1st gear and headed out. The first CD of DOCTOR SLEEP was in the CD player and ready to go. She pushed play, with no intentions of stopping until her bladder could hold no more, or she needed to get gas.

--------------------------------------------------

After three weeks of unpacking, Sarah finally had taken the time to set up skype so she could see Lisa as they spoke. She missed her friend very much and been too busy lately to give her the time of day so today that was going to change.

"Oh my god! I can see you!" Sarah burst out, laughing and blushing as she realized that Lisa could see her as well. "This thing is amazing! I wish I had set this up sooner, I have missed you so much!"

"I swear, Sarah! You are the most technologically impaired person I know! Everyone has skype, I can't believe it took you this long to get it myself!! See why I was so insistant on it? By the way, I love what you have done to your hair." Lisa grinned into the webcam, making sure Sarah could see her well and get the most out of her newfound internet toy.



© Copyright 2015 Gin (callmegin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2037507-temporary-insanity