*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2037707-5-minute-story
by Smee
Rated: ASR · Other · Other · #2037707
5 minutes only on the clock - write a story.
"What is happening?" The squat solider was surprised at the sudden explosions all around him.

"It's the Time Beast! Everyone run for their lives."

They all started running, although it made no difference to the explosions. "What is a Time Beast?" The solider panted, running along side his friend.

"It ruins everything. No matter what you're doing, you can never finish it to your satisfaction. If you're having fun, it makes it end faster. If you're bored, it lasts longer. Nothing is more evil than the Time Beast."

"But why the explosions? Why is it attacking so dramatically now?"

"See there, on it's chest. It's a timer. Means we only have that long before all time stops."

"Time stops! What do we do?"

"If we can just get out of range of it, then we might be ok."

Talking was almost impossible as both men ran as fast as they could. Trees and bushes were collapsing in on themselves. The sky was more grey than blue.

"Over there, we can make it," he gasped. "That is the boundary. Just a little further."

"I don't think we're..."
© Copyright 2015 Smee (smeedyer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2037707-5-minute-story