*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2037747-deja-vu
Rated: 13+ · Other · Supernatural · #2037747
She's not what she thinks she is
**Sorry for any mistakes**

Katherine's POV;


The tips of my toes felt cold as I dug them into the damp grass, making me shiver. My eyes surveyed my surroundings and I noticed that I was enveloped by trees. There was not a soul in sight; not a house in existence either. Where the hell am I? I didn't recognize a thing. Nothing seemed a tiny bit familiar. I'm certain I've never been here before.

The moonlight lit the way as I started along the muddy path. I followed the path aimlessly with no idea of where it would take me. Maybe it'd take me someplace warm, I thought to myself as I wrap my arms around my body for warmth. I kept on the path, letting it take me wherever it pleased.

Alas, my thought was voiced as a wooden house appeared at the end of the way. Smoke rose from the chimney, signaling that the house was inhabited. I wasn't far from that place when I suddenly stopped. It was like I was stuck in some eerie movie, everything was quiet, so very quiet and dark. There was something bubbling up at the back of my chest; it's a feeling I now registered as fear. Something darker than the night had caught the attention of my peripheral vision and I slowly turned my head in the direction. But... nothing was there. I let out the breath I was holding and laughed lightly at my paranoia.

Nothing's out there, I assured myself.
But I was terribly wrong once I turned away to continue walking. A wolf-like figure materialized in front of me and I fled backwards in surprise, falling flat on my bottom. Each inch I crawled back, it followed me taking slow, calm strides towards me. My back collided with the trunk of a tree and I forced myself to hold in my screams. I could hear the inhale and exhale of its breath as it stared at me. I felt numb, not able to move. I contemplated on just getting up and running or sat here like an utter moron while that animal stared at me like a meal.

I wasn't going to go with the latter. My flight senses started kicking in and I rose to make a run for it... But it was at the last moment. Just as I was to move my legs, there appeared a man. He had the most horrendous yellow eyes I have ever seen in my life and seemed to glow even at the darkest of the night. He came closer to me, close enough to see his face. Sharp fang-like teeth protruded from his mouth.
I was no longer in flight. Fear coursed through every vein in my body and I think he sensed it too because his smile was sinister as he said the two words that lead me to scream Bloody Mary:

"You're dead." He seized my head and brutally wrenched it to the right and sunk his fangs into my neck without warning.
© Copyright 2015 shipwreckinsea (shortieflower at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2037747-deja-vu