*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2039687-A-Worthy-Sacrifice
Rated: E · Other · Sci-fi · #2039687
Entry for Daily Flash Fiction Challenge
A Worthy Sacrifice (Word Count 298)



Selena’s eyes surveyed the hectic streets below her. From the balcony she stood, as the rebels looked like ants and the smoke clouds appeared like small puffs of grey attempting to greet her eyes with their old familiar sting, yet they were out of reach.

“What will this change? Being a martyr for these people?” said Johan from behind her. Selena kept her back to him, letting the distant sound of pulse rifles fill her ears, and letting the thought of the massacre below keep her mind on her objective. Her eyes were brought up to meet the sunset now residing behind the skyscrapers and setting past the walls blocking off the beautiful city from the now diseased world.

“The people of this city, my own blood are now invading this tower with the hope of taking back their lives once devoted to slavery”. Her head tilted slightly as her hair whipped back and forth from the wind. “They follow me, they fight for me, they believe in me”. Her eyes went back to the ground were citizens were now ripping the mechanical arms off of robotic sentries and gaining entrance to the Tower. “Yet they despise you, fight you, and will endure your wrath brother.” A tear fell from her eye. Johan took a deep breath and spoke, “It is over, call them off, you know they cannot succeed!” He took one step closer and her feet instantly moved to greet the balcony. “How much is it worth?” He said.

“My death?” said Selena calmly, “It is worth the world if it means the end of a tyranny.” An attempt was made to stop her by Johan, but he could not prevent her final wish, to paint him as the coward he truly was.

© Copyright 2015 Story Weaver (snapell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2039687-A-Worthy-Sacrifice