*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2040286-A-day-Id-Like-to-Forget
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2040286
short essay written for a course of mine.
A day that I'd like to forget is the day that I had to go to my best friend's funeral and say good-bye forever. This was truly one of the hardest days of my life for a couple of reasons. The first being that her own father wasn't even there and while it makes more sense to me now than it did then it still hurts. Secondly, I was involved in the accident in which she passed so there was a lot of survivor's guilt going on. I remember being at the funeral and truthfully feeling guilty for standing there in front of her family and friends. Deep down though, I am grateful that I forced myself to go. I remember the day of the funeral telling myself that it was the last place that I wanted to be, but I knew I'd regret it forever if I didn't go. Being at her funeral was so many mixed emotions it's hard because while I was there to honor her life all I was thinking about was the night of the crash as if it was happening all over again.







© Copyright 2015 Katelyn (kclink26 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2040286-A-day-Id-Like-to-Forget