*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2042083-ramblings-of-a-migraine-sufferer
Rated: 13+ · Other · Experience · #2042083
ramblings of a migraine sufferer
the pills gave her a strange kind of feeling. an odd buzzing sensation sort of like when your foot falls asleep except it was buzzing around her brain instead. it wasn't exactly a high she was on, but it wasn't a low either. not what you'd call an altered state of mind, not enough to forget about her cares, but just enough to not care quite as much for the time being. she mused this must be what alice felt like after trying the wonderland delights; still concerned about finding her way back to reality but enjoying the trip all the same. the buzzing migrated down her neck into her back and arms, more of a tingling really. a pleasant sort of tickle that seemed to warm her body and bring a comforting calmness to her tense neck and shoulders. her head began to quiet as the sleepiness settled in; the throbbing in her temples dulling into a low pulsating rhythm. her mind wandered lazily from one random topic to the next like a butterfly flitting from flower to flower, only pausing momentarily for a quick taste of sweet nectar before moving on again, creating a hypnotic drone in her mind. eventually the drowsiness began to overtake her tired head as she drifted off to a much needed sleep, the sweetness of silence finally relieving the pressure of the numbing migraine. hopefully she would feel better in the morning.
© Copyright 2015 ethereal soul (etherealsoul at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2042083-ramblings-of-a-migraine-sufferer