*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2042469-Fire--Blood
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #2042469
A look into the world of Westeros if the Sack of King's Landing had a different outcome.
Chapter 1: The Attempted Sack of King's Landing

Rhaegar Targaryen

I had waited and waited ever since I had received word of the Usurper's arrival. I had commanded my troops to take cover and hide, until I had given word to attack. Robert Baratheon had crossed the line, for the last time. There was no way that I was going to let a traitor take over my father's kingdom. Suddenly, I heard foot steps, those of men and horses. I remembered a few words of wisdom that my father had always told me to think of when I was in battle. "Count to ten, then, strike with all your might. I began to count. One. Two. The footsteps became louder. Three. Four. Five. The men's voices became more distinctive. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. "I can't wait to get my hands on that bloody dragon," the voice of Robert Baratheon bellowed. Ten. I jumped out of my perch and proceeded to attack. "Charge!" I yelled. The screams of men and the clashing of swords had blurred my mind. I was focused on one man, and one man only, and I finally found him. His back was turned to me. I could end this right now, all I have to do is stab him in the back, I thought. No. I want him to put up a fight. "Usurper!" I screamed as he turned around. "Here's your chance to fight me." He looked at me in confusion. "What? I thought you couldn't wait to get your hands on me. Well, here I am! Fight me, you coward!" Then, anger filled his face as he came at me with his warhammer. I blocked the blow with my shield and delivered a blow of my own, right into his stomach. He fell to his knees. "Before I kill you, I just wanted to let you know that Lyanna is safe. I would never do any harm to her. She is and always will be a dear friend of mine," I said as I delivered the final blow.

As soon as the Usurper fell, his troops either scattered, or declared their allegiance to the Targaryens. I gathered up the remaining men and we made our way back to King's Landing. I marched through the doors of the throne room and approached my father. "Father," I said, "I have slain the Usurper, Robert Baratheon. He is no longer a danger to this kingdom." "Well, done, my son. But, I have received word that Tywin Lannister plans to attack as well. I want him dead." "My King," interrupted Jaime Lannister, one of the Kingsguard and son of Tywin Lannister. "What is it Jaime?" "Please, have mercy, for my father has done nothing yet. However, you could imprison him for plotting against the throne." "Hmmm. Very well. I want Tywin Lannister found and imprisoned."

After the imprisonment of Tywin Lannister, everyone lived in peace. Or did they?
© Copyright 2015 M.M. Morrison (meggy077 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2042469-Fire--Blood