*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2043561-Stolen-Laughs
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #2043561
Written for Daily Flash Fiction Challenge, prompt "They were never found".
Sarah went to an improv theater looking for something her sisters had lost. She thought they may have left it at the improv theater since they were there often. She sat through the whole show, wondering if any of the performers had a little more humor than usual. The angry librarian was cackling uncontrollably behind her. She didn't think the angry librarian could smile, let alone laugh. She always looked angry; always frowning or yelling. That is why they called her the angry librarian. But now she was actually enjoying herself. That reminded Sarah of her sisters. They used to love improv and comedy of any kind. Now they just sit around moping and being mean. They have no interest in coming to improv and don't find the funniest jokes even mildly entertaining. The librarian must have one of her sisters' sense of humors. Both her sisters lost their sense of humors recently. As Sarah got up to leave, she noticed the not-so-angry librarian's companion sit down next to her. It was Derk-the-Jerk. He was the mall security guard and was just as mean as the angry librarian. But now he was chuckling just as hard as she was.

"Give them back!" Sarah yelled. "Give back my sisters' sense of humors!" She chased them outside and pounced on Derk when he fell. She quickly used the charm her crazy aunt gave her to retrieve the stolen sense. She ran after the librarian but she had already started to drive away. She rushed home with the sense she had. As far as the librarian and Derk, they were never found again. Her crazy aunt figured out how to split the sense of humor in half so both my sisters would at least be able to smile and know a little joy.

300 Words
© Copyright 2015 Tica Zey (phita112 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2043561-Stolen-Laughs