*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2043678-Fearless-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #2043678
The Burning Village
He opened his eyes, there was fire and smoke everywhere. he was trapped under a burning roof, he tried as hard as he Could to lift it off of him, In shock, he found it was lighter than he thought, after he pushed the debris off of himself, he crawled out, but one of his boots got caught, the other one was already missing, so he took the other off as well, he was out, but his armor, Chest plate, gauntlets, etc. was scolding hot from the flames, he frantically took it off, he tore the straps in a hurry, because the metal was burning hot to the touch. He threw it out of the way, taking everything off until he was only in his tattered pants and a sash around his waist. He looked around him, he saw only flame and ruin, and to make things worse, he Didn't know what happened, in fact, He can't remember anything about himself, all he can remember, was his name; Tornack.

He was a young Man, no older than twenty. He had long Black hair that reached to his shoulders, he had Tanned skin and a slightly Muscular build, he wasn't as Big and as Strong looking as Say, Hercules or Spartacus, But by no means whatsoever would you say he looked at all scrawny.

Tornack Got to his feet, he saw a group of figures from beyond the glow of the flames, he called out to them; "Hello!" He shouted. Suddenly, those figures looked to where they heard the voice, and ran to it. Then Tornack saw the Figures were not people, They were Goblins! Their Pointed ears, their bodies either looking starved, bloated, or muscular, their jagged teeth, it was enough to Scare Children into behaving for good just at the sight of them! As Soon as He saw their Warty, Pale Skin and their hideous yellow eyes, Tornack Ran from them as Fast as he could possibly run.

As he Turned towards the nearest corner, A giant Goblin Grab Tornack by his arms and Held him in place as the other Goblins had finally caught up. "So! We gots ourselves a li'le Stowaway, Eh?" Said one of The Goblins, in a cruel tone. "Master Toranin will know what to do with this one!" Said Another Goblin, as he Rubbed his hands with glee.

Tornack struggled to get out, and in his struggle, he slammed his head into the Big Goblin's Face, Forcing it to cave in, He then Punched one of the Goblins with such force, it sent him flying head first into the fiery remains of a nearby House. The Big Goblin blindly tried to grab at Tornack, but he Ducked and Grabbed his wrist, throwing him at the other goblins.

Then, Tornack Ran from them, but the Goblins quickly Gave Chase. The Goblins were Catching up to Tornack, but he got behind a burning wall and pushed it on top of them to slow them down, he then climbed up the side of a rock wall and crawled through a large crack in the stone.

Tornack had lost them, but he had too many questions in his head to feel at all satisfied; "Who is Toranin" He said out loud to himself, "What were those creatures? and Why Can't I remember anything?" he climbed up the rock wall, and saw the entire Village he was Just in, it looked like a giant ball of fire had swallowed it whole. "Whoever this Toranin is, He can't be anything good!" Thought Tornack to Himself. and with That, Tornack Ran off through the Valley Below, to find the answers of himself, because there were none to be found back in the Burning Village.
© Copyright 2015 PachydermPaul (pachypaul at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2043678-Fearless-Chapter-1