*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2043822-Prelude---Flay-of-Fields
by ~Red~
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2043822
Gods of this realm known as Salakor, must choose a side of a bloody war.
They say there are five Gods among us. These Gods consist up of; Magmeto of Peace, Calo of Destruction, Skorm of Greed, Korge of Death, and Lorn of Bloodshed. Each of these five Gods specializes in some kind of worship beyond whom they actually are. People look at them and think they watch over them bringing fortune. Although, no one has actually seen them for they live up in the clouds to oversee the whole land within a temple. There is a shrine that was built as a connection to the temple. This shrine keeps the temple a float. When it was made they put in a quarter of their power to be able to send the temple up into the air. It stands upon the clouds overlooking the land below it. With a garden out in the front, with a statue that serves a fountain in the middle. It has a Gothic theme to it, painted black, because as the sun shines unto it, it contrasts well with the imagery. With stairs leading up to the main door and hall way, it has two gargoyle statues that overlook the garden. On the way inside there are stairs going up a few flights to the living quarters. To the right is a kitchen area, and to the left is a sparring room which the Gods meditate through their free time and spar. Along the stair way there's carvings of what seems to be Hieroglyphs of how they came to be. Upon the second floor you have a walk way to each individual living quarter. With statues of gargoyles in between such breaks of each room. A lush, white carpet runs throughout the temple, followed by a dark, rich, chocolate tile outlining some areas like the kitchen and the sparring room. Going out the back is another garden, polar opposite of the first one, more light themed to fit the lack of sunlight this side sees. There's still a statue in the middle that serves as a fountain and a walk way to go around the garden.

Magmeto, a Turtle, has an atmospheric dark green shell. He stands at 6'2" with golden eyes. Magmeto has a scar on his right cheek that runs to his upper lip. He stands for Peace. Usually calm nurtured, wise, and likes to see succession. His rival Calo is also a turtle, who bears a black shell. Calo also stands at 6'2". However, he has green eyes, with a scar running through his right eye. He himself is the opposite of Magmeto; Chaotic, wise, but likes to see corruption within the hearts of mortals. Skorm, being a monkey, he wears a Red Chest Guard, black buckled combat pants. Skorm's fur is jet black with a golden strip down the middle. The Monkey standing at 6'4" with blue eyes has no scars. Although, he does wear a necklace that is a diamond chain with a ring hanging off of it with some more carved Hieroglyphics. A lot like Magmeto, he wishes to see succession, but he's hot headed and likes to dive into the action. Korge is an Alligator like creature with the height of 6'8", it's unclear his blood line but he stands the tallest and broadest. His scales are a misty grey with sharp blue eyes. He has a scar running down his face starting at the forehead to his nose. The scar is usually covered up by some kind of war paint that he uses. The war paint is like a cross, starting where the scar starts to where it ends and the sides' branches out underneath his eyes. Like Skorm he's hot blooded though, he likes to see corruption within the hearts of men that leads to death usually. Lorn, a Lion could be considered a twin when it comes to Magmeto. Lorn has the height of 6'5" with grey eyes, golden fur, with a black mane that reaches to his mid chest area. He's calm, wise, and would rather see a mortal triumph in his days than corruption.

These five Gods are tactical geniuses who aid in battle for those who need their blessing. Until, of course the day they fell to Earth and the land was plunged into corruption and chaos. Two super power Kingdoms were at each other's throats, now normally this wouldn't be a problem. They smack each other around and make up. These two Kingdoms however; the Coldurons and the Raktorians have caused war among each other. This war was so big and powerful that it dragged any Kingdom able to send out an army wanting to take part in this war. The shrine connecting the Temple, making it stable was destroyed during the battle of Harmon Hill. It fell crumbled into the Earth, pulling the Gods with it. As they came about, they were forced to choose a side, everyone chose one except Magmeto. He didn't trust any of the views, they all sound rubbish. Too much greed was about their ways, and too much lust. Until, twenty years after the fall. A new family blood came to arise from the smoke. Their leader: Talon held out his hand at Magmeto's beliefs and persuaded the God to fight by his side for a tomorrow that he wanted. Not Talon, no, Talon didn't know what he wanted. He thought that the war would help him decide this. So Magmeto chose to side with him in these dark times. Talon was at a solid height of 6'3". Not too tall, but not too short. He wore a chest plate with a Phoenix on it, painted in gold. Rugged beard, sharp green eyes. Black hair lay upon his head. Talon had a look that said he was almost in his early thirties. How a young man was able to command a small battalion was a mystery to Magmeto. He didn't question it for now, though chose to aid Talon. What waits ahead isn't a simple road. Especially, when the economy is booming due to the war, factions and cities are in need of more weaponry than twenty years ago..





© Copyright 2015 ~Red~ (redixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2043822-Prelude---Flay-of-Fields