*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2043939-Friends
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Aelyah
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #2043939
Cooking at a friend's house.

"Don't pay any attention to them!" Marie advised as we entered.
"Pay attention to who?"
Marie didn't answer so I headed straight to the kitchen.

I found milk, flour and eggs easily. I grabbed the step-stool to search for honey and chocolate.
"Marie, that's a nice brown cloak." Over the years, I had learned to accept Marie the way she was.
"Careful with the flour!" I yelled when the side of the brown cape cut the top of the flour mound. I turned instantly however the kitchen remained empty. The window banged on its hinges, and another layer of flour floated in the wind.

I poured honey into a small bowl then mixed the eggs, flour and water.
I saw him from the corner of my eye. He wore a red suit embroidered with gold and was tall as a kindergartner. He plunged his hand into the honey and dripped it into his mouth. I waited carefully for the kid to take the second dip. Calling Marie would only scare him away. I turned suddenly with a gotcha smirk. Zulie, Marie's cat, licked her paw and took off leaving sticky imprints on her way to the living room.

I mixed fast the honey with the flour mixture then covered it with a towel. Armed with a wet rag, I followed the sticky paw-prints. That cat would know my wrath.

"All ok in the kitchen?" Marie asked from the couch. Zulie lay in her lap, licking her paws.
"All is great."

Back in the kitchen I reached for the cookie sheet. I could see her in my lateral view. In a bright orange dress, she ripped at the dough. I narrowed my eyes and turned with my hands fisted. In her stead, Marie licked her fingers and smiled.
"We're fae."
© Copyright 2015 Aelyah (aelyah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2043939-Friends