*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2044848-Not-decided-chapter-one
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Fantasy · #2044848
A story of forgiveness with a fantasy twist.
“Rawarrr”
Leric roars out as he charges head first in to a pack of scirleks feasting upon the corpse of a traveler. Their large bright red eyes turn to meet his gaze with open maws showing rows of jagged teeth like that of a saw blade. Their grey flesh reminiscent of a snake with horns sprouting up from the head and shoulders a truly horrific sight to behold. The monsters let out a screech of displeasure at our would be hero for intruding upon their mid-night meal. Lifting hands shaped like the talons of a hawk and dripping with blood, they meet his charge with their own. Yet Leric’s will does not waver he does not fear these mindless beasts and by the great Lords blessing he will triumph over the enemies of the light for his the chosen…

“Hey nerd what are you doing?”
Seth looks up from his notebook to see Henry and his two cronies the class bullies looking down at him with smirks on their face.
“Leave me alone Henry I haven’t done anything to you or your henchmen.”
“Is that so Seth? We cannot stand the very fact you are here in our class and that is enough for us! Right guys?”
“Right boss!”
Seth lets out a slight sigh and closes his notebook to put it in his bag.
“What is this?” Henry reaches out and rips the notebook from Seth’s hands.
“Give that back, Henry!” Seth roars out.
Henrys henchmen grab Seth by the arms forcing him back down. Seth tries to break loss but they are too strong.
“The Story of Leric: The Last Dragoon? What are you five?”
Henry and the other two start to laugh.
Seth looks around the room as to ask for help but every one quickly inverts their eyes as if nothing was happening. Seth looks on in disbelief at how they can just turn a blind eye.
Henry begins to read from Seth’s notebook.

“Leric the Black Dragoon is the last of his kind a people that had the favor of The Great Lord who were chosen to be the protectors of the light. Who…”

“Stop!” Seth screams out as tears fill his eyes.
Henry stops for moment and chuckles and keeps reading.
“Who can harness the power of a dragon aspect at will through the blessed gauntlets that where forged by The Great Lord Himself.”

Every word cuts deeper and deeper in to Seth as his hard work is made a mockery before the entire class and he is powerless to fight back. Tears flow from his eyes splattering on his desk as rain drops from the sky. Their laughter is more painful than anything they have ever done to him. All the times they have made fun of him, beat him up, or ruined his stuff this was by far the worst. As he started to sink farther and farther in to despair, a loud clash brings him back to reality.
“What are you doing Henry?!”
Seth Looks up through watery eyes to see Mister Wood standing by the door breathing heavily as if he had been running.
“We where… Umm… j-j-just having a bit of fun Mister Wood.”
Mister Woods blue eyes become like arrows piercing through the three boys sending shivers down every ones spine.
“Release Seth if you would be so kind and give him back his notebook. Then Find your way to the principal’s office all three of you. Now!”
“Yes sir!” In unison, they yell out.
Henry drops Seth’s notebook on the ground and bolts for the door. Mister wood grabs him by the arm.
“Henry I said give him his notebook. Not drop it on the ground! Pick it up and put it on his desk then you may leave.”
Henry nods and rushes to pick up the notebook placing it gently upon Seth’s desk.
With tears, still slowly seeping for the slits of his eyes Seth keeps his head down on his desk. Pain courses through his wrist from where the brutes held him making it hard to move his arms. He slowly reaches for the notebook when he feels a heavy hand upon his shoulder. Seth slowly looks up to see mister Wood smiling and says.
“Its ok.”
The strain and stress from the ordeal was too great darkness encroaches around his vision blurring it. The world around him slowly fades, he fights back the urge to give in but it is done in vain, his eyes become too heavy for him to hold on any longer. Giving in to the darkness the last image is that Mister Wood standing over him.
© Copyright 2015 Ken Jones (kenjones2689 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2044848-Not-decided-chapter-one