*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2045082-Snippet-1
Rated: GC · Draft · Other · #2045082
This sorta came to me, and I want to use it later but haven't gotten there yet.
Background info: Todd Verne, English teacher, brings home a bunch of delinquint teens that could have been killed. His neighbour/friend Sebastian, a criminal psychologist, hates people, especially teens. One of the teens Sebastian's son, but nobody in the room knows this.


“You can’t keep them here, it’s against the law,” Sebastian Montcroix states blandly, standing at staring at the nine teenagers in front of them with a hardly masked look of disgust.

“Well, what was I supposed to do? Let them die? That’s against morality, Seb.” Todd gives him a pointed look. Of the two men, Todd has always been the more caring, the more kind and understanding. Sebastian, on the other hand, has never once cared for the feelings of others unless it somehow assisted him.

“Yeah, don’t you care about us young, unloved outcasts, dying in your streets?” The curly-haired boy steps forward, a careless grin covering his face and a cigarette dangling from his mouth. He grabs Sebastian’s lapels in a mocking plea.

“Please don’t smoke in here, Zave,” Todd asks exasperatedly, offering the bottom of a shoe as an ashtray to his former student.

“Nice scarf, man.” The boy grins at Sebastian while he puts out his cigarette. “Do you use it in the bedroom too, or do you have a pair of handcuffs? Are they the kind that are all fluffy on the inside or do you like to make ‘em suffer a bit?”

“I beg your pardon?”

“Zave, control yourself, please?” Todd, knowing both Sebastian and Zave, had no doubt that this situation was going horrifically out of control. He began to brace himself for the damage about to be done.

“Well, when I look at you, you just ooze ‘BDSM and proud’ like you’ve got a button somewhere. Not the good stuff either, the weird stuff. Are you into the whole piss thing? I bet you’d be into that.” Zave leans his thin body against the edge of Todd’s table, still grinning smugly.

Sebastian breathed in deeply and Todd panicked. “Seb, don’t you dare, he’s just-”

“You throw around sex in the most vulgar way possible because it terrifies you. You try to mask your fear by mentioning it every second and acting comfortable around it, when in reality every bit of it sets your teeth on edge. Perhaps a bad sexual experience? You’re too arrogant for it to have been bad with a woman, so I’d assume you were abused at some point. Your inability to trust indicates that nobody believed you when you tried to tell people about it.

You disrespect women, probably because your mother never had time for you, she was too busy cycling through lovers. She was probably doing this because her lovers were too busy with you, weren’t they? I’m sure you encouraged them as a way to get revenge on her. What a vile situation.

You believe the majority of men are evil, probably because your father abandoned you at a young age. You’re obviously very religious, you have a cross on your ring, but you don’t trust anything the Church or the Bible tells you. This makes me believe that your bad sexual experience was at the hand of a Priest, which is why nobody believed you.” Sebastian’s upper lip curls into a proud sneer, absolutely positive that he’d humiliated the younger man.

Zave’s expression hadn’t changed, he was still leaning back with the grin, his entire demeanor calm. “Look, man, I’m sure that was a beautiful speech and all, but you lost me. When you said ‘throw around sex’ all I could imagine was you grabbing some sweet little thing in way over her head and makin’ her call you ‘Daddy’. You seem like the type of man who’d be into that sort of thing.”

Todd was secretly proud, anybody else would have crumbled under such treatment, but Zave was never one to show weakness.

“What’s your name?” Sebastian asks offhandedly, trying to hide his frustration under flippancy.

“Full name? Prepare yourself.” He twisted his face into a ‘rich person sneer’ and began speaking in a pretentious, mocking voice. “Xavier Waylan Montrcoix.”

Sebastian cursed under his breath.
© Copyright 2015 Skip Harvey (allisonw309 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2045082-Snippet-1