*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2045129-Chapter-one
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by ded2u
Rated: E · Other · Cultural · #2045129
More to come.
The vast majority of people are unfit to live. I'd go so far to say that I'm part of this vast majority. It's sickening that we live in a nation and time that enables the feeble-minded to thrive, let alone survive. Social media and the internet (among plenty of other mind-numbing, man-made devices and concepts) have further enabled millenials to not think for ourselves, and to spend time socializing with every other horrible person around the world. You know that infamous meme on social media sites? The one with the classy-looking gentleman putting his hand forward, with the lower caption telling the reader to kill him/herself? Usually the top caption says something along the lines of "You play the accordion?", or some other petty nonsense. The superficially self-righteous ones need to kill themselves. The ones who attempt to express wit and win peer approval through mean words are the ones who need to die. The ones who say things like that usually don't mean it, and thus, are unfit to live themselves.Sadly, this accounts for a lot of people. There is no real self-confidence among most of my generation; just phony attempts to appease our peers, not even realizing that our low (and superficial) sense of selves are being integrated into our lifestyles. In order to feel validated, someone else needs to brought down a little. It's a spiritual form of identity theft, so-to-speak. By my logic, this nullifies the value of human life, making it unworthy.
© Copyright 2015 ded2u (jls19942013 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2045129-Chapter-one