*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2045404-The-Nightcrawler
by yeet
Rated: E · Short Story · Supernatural · #2045404
A very short story.
         When the sun sets and the land is purged in the darkness of the night, it comes out to forage and explore. It hunts for its prey in the cover of the night, moving around quick. Real quick. With the wind in its mane, it darts from one corner to the next, careful not to be seen by others around it. That, is the stealth of the Nightcrawler.

         Upon finding its prey at their most vulnerable, its eye shimmers with excitement, glowing a fearsome red. But alas, it is not until it pounces that one would know true terror. With strong muscles in its hind legs, it pounces like cat despite its massive build. Its strong set of jaws to clamp onto its victim, giving new meaning to clinging onto someone. It will clamp onto its prey till the prey stops putting up a fight or passes out of fear, only then proceeding to make a quick meal out of the poor child. That, is the ferocity of the Nightcrawler.

         When it has been spotted, people often expect it to put up a fight. After all, it has razor-sharp claws on its forelegs and an aggressive appearance, looking rugged and battle-hardened. However, most aggressors do not know of its hidden talents.Shining a light onto the gruesome abomination, it is as though it itself is afraid of its appearance, and thus it vanishes, right into thin air. That, is the enigma of the Nightcrawler.

"Give light, and the darkness will disappear of itself."
Desiderius Erasmus
© Copyright 2015 yeet (crystalpaladin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2045404-The-Nightcrawler