*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2046895-The-Cake-of-Lies
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Sample · None · #2046895
A cake holds a secret about a relationship. It will change everything for a couple.
In the center of a house stood a table set for dinner. The elegant dark cherry wood had been polished, the finest hand-made china from 1945 had been cleaned, and the golden table cloth had been pressed to perfection. Dinner had been prepared with the utmost care. A king's feast of turkey, roasted potatoes, three different vegetables, gravy, and a glorious chocolate cake.
Despite the table's full wonder, Dean sat with his own private storm cloud above his head. He couldn't shove one tiny bite of food into his mouth after everything that was roaming his mind. After everything he gave, all the sacrifices day after day, this was the worst.
Across from him on the far side of the table sat the being responsible for his foul mood. He looked over at his wife with a hidden ray of anger in his eyes. She was beautiful as she sat in her fancy black dress. Her hair was curled at the end of every blonde tip, but what made her classy was the ability to make everything look good. She had bright red lipstick on that even looked amazing as she sipped a glass of water. Water she had promised to drink at every meal to keep Dean away from his poisonous drinks.
Diana looked at him and smiled showing him she had no idea he knew how deep her lies ran. He knew about her other man. He knew how every Friday she went to book club at the hotel. Oh yes. He knew it all. He had given her 23 years of his life, for better or worse. The question was how to reveal his discoveries to her. Well this fancy dinner just wasn't prepared for a Tuesday. He made it for her. One last lie for her to live.
Dessert was coming soon and he had hidden a stack of papers in her slice. Oddly enough 23 years ago her cake held a ring asking her to be a bride. Now it held papers asking her to go jump off a cliff. The cake was a lie. She was a lie. The most perfect part was that Diana got nothing since she stepped out on him. The cake held the lawyer's promise of that. Oh he could not way for dessert, but for now it was his turn to lie. He played his part of a happy husband covering his anger. Tonight would be his revenge after all of her betrayal.
He raised his water and smiled, âTo knowing each other so well.â
Diana raised her glass with a smiled, and his heart leapt for joy. She knew nothing about him at all.

© Copyright 2015 Skye Habaraduwa (skyeisme07 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2046895-The-Cake-of-Lies