*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2047471-New-life
Rated: ASR · Other · Personal · #2047471
Life and energy fill me
I feel like a new book, an unread book, is before me. I have ambition and energy that was lacking two days ago. I woke yesterday morning and wanted to get up and do something. Staying in bed had absolutely no appeal, as it usually does. Happiness was right there with me, refusing to leave. After feeding the critters, I walked over to the neighborhood church---my church---and walked a circle around it. I viewed all of it for the first time. I studied the grass, which needed mowing and the plants growing on one side. Growth. I require growth, as does that church. I prayed for growth as wild as the unkempt lawn and for life and energy like the wild rabbit in the garden. The outside of the church presented a view of the sacred in vibrant life, unlike the cool and quiet interior of the building.

There is a place in the bible that speaks of King David praising God and dancing in delight. Right then, I knew how he felt. I returned home with joy and gladness in my heart.
© Copyright 2015 Whiskerfacebythefireplace (whiskerface at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2047471-New-life