*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2047787-Searching-for-Something
by Ames76
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Ghost · #2047787
I'm searching the world for something that's missing, but not sure what that is
"Listen honey, you need to find this before you can do anything else. You can find it..." Beep, beep, beep, goes the alarm clock. What the hell was Dad talking about? I hate when dreams are interrupted by alarms. Or anything, really. Especially dreams about my father. They say when you dream about a loved one who has passed, many times it's them trying to send you a message. Dad was sending me a message, I just know it, but what am I supposed to be looking for?

I crawled out of bed. Time to hit the gym. I toss on some clothes, suitable enough to cover the fat so as to not scare off the skinny minis at the gym. Not that I care. Much. Feed and water the cats and I'm off. In the car, on the way, I'm searching the radio for something decent to wake me up. "You must find this before you can do anything else. You can find it in..." "And now here's Lady Antebellum's latest song."
"What the hell was that!?" I say out loud to the empty seat. Either I'm hearing things or Dad is really trying to reach me. It was his voice, even though sometimes I think I can't remember what he sounded like. He's been gone for five years. I know it was him. He wants to get a message to me, but what am I looking for and where is it?
© Copyright 2015 Ames76 (amyg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2047787-Searching-for-Something