*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2047886-Dawn
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2047886
tidbit from a zombie story im writing
“MOVE! NOW! AREA COMPROMISED!” I hear the announcement over the mall intercom. “ZEDS BREACHED INNER PERIMETER!” It’s all over… That was our last line of defense… there are around 20 of us here including myself. We have little weaponry as the last people here made a hasty exit. I am one of the few to have a firearm. I’m lucky enough to have gathered it from a body we found. With some ammo too! Unfortunately for me, those with firearms are made to fire on all Zeds that breach the perimeter. We are tasked to cover the escape of the others… there has to be 50 to 60 of them… I don’t have near enough ammo to help. None of us do. I’m not nearly the greatest shot in the group, but I sure as hell am going to make an effort. I take aim as the zombies bash in the front door. The command is given… “FIRE AT WILL!” The sound of gunfire is nearly deafening. I repeatedly pull the trigger, hoping to hit my mark. I don’t know if I hit any… I run dry extremely fast. I’m screwed. Plain and simple. I try to run, but I’m stopped by the person behind me. “YOU STAY TILL THEY’RE GONE OR YOU’RE GONE!” Might as well try to fight hand to hand. I ain’t making it out alive. With all my might, I swing and crack a few in the head. I’m bitten multiple times… it’s the end. My team fires on me. “Finally,,,” Darkness…. all there is… I woulda thought the Zombies woulda done me in. In a way they did. I don’t know if anyone managed to escape. I have many doubts that they actually escaped. Ah well. I bet Hell is better than this world.
© Copyright 2015 Connor VanStee (apex1316 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2047886-Dawn