*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2048187-The-Damage
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Crime/Gangster · #2048187
Working in a genetic laboratory has some real dangers. My assistent tried to kill me.
I was working in my lab at my day job trying to figure out where the sample of DNA, came from.
My assistant, Vincent, who I usually try to keep out of my lab. He must have picked the lock, while I was distracted with my work.
I was about to inject this DNA into a fertilized chicken egg I had removed the nucleus from.

The moment I was about to go through with it, I was grabbed from behind. At first, I thought it was Fred trying to mess with me again. I thought he would have just let me go but no, my luck did not prevail.
My face was slammed into the burning hot metal plate I had used to thaw the frozen DNA; I screamed in pain as the skin on my face melted on the hot steel.

Whoever they were, they stabbed me all over with the syringe I was about to use.
Then I heard most sinister of laughs of what sounded like a crazed murderer. At this point was in a complete and full-on utter panic trying to fight off my attacker. Whoever they were they have easily overpowered me and my attempts to fight back.

I felt completely helpless like a newborn lamb without its mother at the wrath of a savage wolf. My attacker then grabbed me and turned my head to face him. It was Vincent. He looks like he had just killed someone there was blood all over him and his clothes. But then again just stabbed me a lot. He then put the syringe down then both of his hands on my neck. Then proceeded to strangle me. He was shouting this at me while he was doing it.

"I killed them I killed those kids 10 years ago. I am Vincent I am the purple murderer." That's all I can remember I blacked out after that. He must have let go of me because when I woke up my lab looked like an explosion just happened. I was covered in rubble I couldn't move. I had coughed I don't know what caused it.

"Hey, we get a survivor!" Someone shouted. Soon I had like 3 firemen; if I am remembering right; trying to unearth my body. They managed to do so. I don't remember what happened after that except hearing sirens blaring. Right now I'm in hospital as you are reading this.
Well, the nurse has just recently come into the room. She told me I was lucky to be alive. But my genetic structure was damaged permanently and it too late to fix it. Well, that would explain why my arms and hands are covered in scales now. Well on the bright side I have a rough idea of the family the DNA came from I chuckled at the thought but, I may never be able to live a normal life now with the damage that madman caused to me.
© Copyright 2015 sethermancrash (sethermancrash at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2048187-The-Damage