*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2053201-Think-For-Better
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by vaish
Rated: E · Article · Philosophy · #2053201
customs need not be followed blindly
Science explains the origin and evolution of life.But it doesn't explains the significance of life.why at all we are living???What was the reason for life to sprout from pieces of rocks?Why we should try to live "better" and to the so called "fullest"? So comes religion spreading in its way the morality.Religion hypothesized existence of god.God who creates earth and this life and we have to follow his principles which are nothing else but moral values. s/he is almighty and the most powerful.No, not a human. s/he is GOD who shows us the right pathway and so it continues.....
The very important thing about religion is its morality ,which almost for all religion is same.The difference 'develop'.Morality puts a limit to it.It generates the very understanding of how much a "development" is development and how much it is devastation.Science sees benefit but benefit only for its own field or a section of society whereas morality seeks benefit for "all". Thus science is one sided mostly but morality h oras no side.But again there are some customs being a part of religion or beliefs which violate one's basic rights ,discriminate between people and therefore actually have no moral grounds.The principles or beliefs are illogical and not explained by science either.
So science with morality,this combination would allow us to "sustain" the very life on this planet and just of humans'(well, its not possible either).And yes this is the requirement of "sustainable development".So ,in actuality we need to take a look and figure out the validity of any custom or belief or principle before enacting it.Does it really goes with science and morality.
I have an example.A religious custom which does not allows "women having menstruation" to attend religious ceremonies and practices.There are many others but one very much followed by most of us for ages is this one.The explanation to this is even funnier that "women become 'impure' for the time being.Its hilarious that same cycle which allowed Lord Krishna to take birth would make a woman 'dirty '.If that's so then every injured bleeding person doesn't a prayer.They then also are not allowed to enter temples because they are 'ill'.Can we see any scientific principle in it ? Perhaps not.Its so illogical.Even if the custom was created on some logic it must be the unhygienic conditions of the ancient times but in this century its all rubbish.No room for this thought.We grow, we develop and development is not only addition but also elimination.elimination of principles which do not confirm with the present times,which are really outdated,which are hampering the freedom ,the rights and allowing discrimination among different classes of society.
Can we think about this. Think for better. The custom having no validity from point of view of science and which also does not takes with it morality needs to be left out, abandoned.Women are denied their right to freedom by accepting it.It only makes them real 'ill' and makes them feel deficient.it gives them the feeling of inferiority ,of suffering and discrimination and a stigma just like caste they have to bear from puberty.

But every woman has right to choose .She has right to drop the belief and enter an era of revolution.Revolution of thought,where we think before acting,yes THINK FOR BETTER.
To every woman ,these customs are leftovers of the orthodox ,conservative ,unscientific ,patriarch society,they need not be necessarily eaten by us.We have a right to 'Leave' and move on !
© Copyright 2015 vaish (vaishel18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2053201-Think-For-Better