*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2054235-free-writing-reflections-on-mothers
Rated: E · Other · Family · #2054235
unstructured thoughts.
A mother births in agony, but remembers only the exultation of the miracle.

She cries a million tears, but remembers only that one joyous moment of triumph.

She throws up her hands in exasperation a few times a day, but remembers only that one small hug.

She lifts her child in her arms and bends knee at night in desperate prayers to keep safe and understood her little one.

She smiles bravely as her daughter reaches for her dreams but dreads the certainty that time is so short with her now.

She lies awake at midnight, wondering if her little boy's fever has broken.

She is a roaring lioness that brings her cubs through the dangers of the world, and a loving mother sheep to her little sleeping lamb.

She teaches her children the best she knows, and resists the urge to fall into doubt about her abilities and worth.

She whispers words of encouragement to her child even as she inwardly seethes at the real or imagined injustice that child has faced.

She knows the deepest, most irrational fears and the most glorious heights of adoration.

© Copyright 2015 Lexi Conne (chloe2t at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2054235-free-writing-reflections-on-mothers