*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2055079-Writing-Prompt-from-Dan-G
Rated: E · Assignment · Activity · #2055079
opening paragraph involving a gift of a trunk
Her heart pounding she stepped closer to the small trunk. It stood alone in the middle of the empty room. Ancient, beat up with torn stickers covering it's dented black form. Her hand reached out to try the clasp. Did she really want to see what was inside? Would knowledge of what the trunk held change her? Her hand came back to her side. She slowly turned and left the room. She shut the door quietly behind her. Her ragged breath slowed.
Time and time again she returned to the empty room to stare at the trunk. "I don't know what I'm afraid of," she whispered to herself. "What could possibly hurt me now?"She ran her hands over the old trunk. Caressing it. Once more she turned away and quietly left the room. She closed the door softly. Walked down the hall to the stairway. As she started down the stairs she burst into tears.
This would not do. Resolute, she started back up the stairs. She pulled open the door without hesitation and walked to the trunk. Before she could stop herself she opened the clasp and lifted the old lid. Inside were three packets of old letters bound by satin ribbon. Each packet held about 5 letters. She picked them up quickly, slammed the lid of the trunk, and left the room. She had some reading to do.
© Copyright 2015 ginnyleighc (ginnyleighc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2055079-Writing-Prompt-from-Dan-G