*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2057525-The-Unthinkable---Prologue
by River
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Fantasy · #2057525
Damien and his two sons, get a new start in life but will his pasted stop this?
Please note the book is not real. The character's in this story are not real. They are imaginary people that I came up with.

*WARNING: This book has Mild Language and Mild Violence.*


~Prologue~


Coming home from a hard day's work.

The only thing I could think about was my bed and the pillow that waited for me.

Walking into my house, the only light was the moon. Then I saw a red light blinking and looked at it. It's my answering machine and by the looks of it I have new messages. I put my keys down, took my coat off and hang it on it's hook. Locking the door I turned around and walked right by it, not wanting to hear what people have to say.

The only thing I wanted was to crash onto my bed and let my blankets shelter me from the world. Sleeping my 12 hours of work away would be nice.

"I have two day's off. I can hear them another time." I thought.

The next day, I walked right by my answering machine again. Getting something to eat, I walked by it again but stopped when I saw 4 new messages.

"I never get a day off." I said.

Pressing the button, I hear, "You have 4 new messages. First message sent Monday at 2pm."

Then I hear my boss telling me to get lots of sleep and that I need to not work so hard. Shaking my head I hit delete.

"Next message sent Monday at 4pm." The machine told me.

The next voice I heard was my son.

"Hey. It's me, Alex. I just wanted to know when your next day off was. Maybe we could do something together. Call me when you get
this. Bye dad."

I made a note to make sure to call him back later. I don't see him much now a days. To think that he's 22 years old.

"WOW! How did he make it this far?" I thought.

Deleting that, the next one come on.

"Next message sent today at 2:45am." The machine said.

"What?" I thought.

"Hey. It's me, John. Call me back I need to talk to you." John was quite for sometime then he said, "It's something you need to know. Bye."

"Why would he be calling at that time?" I thought.

"Message deleted." The machine told me. "Next message send today at 7:15am."

"It's me again, John. Look you need to call me back this can't wait. Bye"

But the message wasn't done. I know he hadn't hang-up.

"..........It's about Damien."
© Copyright 2015 River (makingitup at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2057525-The-Unthinkable---Prologue