*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2058098-Dichotomy
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #2058098
Shayna remembered the best and worst of her life. Always with Chris. (2 Editor's Picks)
Shayna’s eyes sparkled in the moonlight. Her hair fluttered and twisted in the constant ocean breeze. The taste of champagne still lingered on her lips.

Chris opened the veranda doors and music spilled into the quiet night and just as quickly became a soft murmur at the thump of the door against the frame. Shayna stared off into the distance transfixed upon a ship gliding across the horizon. She knew he was there.

“Beautiful night,” Chris stated as he slid his left arm around her waist and the other, which held a single red rose, he maneuvered up her body to her nose.

Her head tilted back against his shoulder. She sighed as she gazed at the multitude of stars.
“I feel like a feather upon the wind. Life seems like it’s just beginning.” I’m as happy as I’ve ever been.

Her new husband’s eyes blazed in the dim light and his lips met hers as they cradled each other in a passion-filled kiss.

She recalled the first time she met his family...

“You aren’t welcome here.” Chris’s mother stated. Her voice cold and without emotion.

“I understand, but have you spoken to your son? We’re happy. Why can’t you be too?”

“You know why. Our families have bad blood between us and it isn’t going to change. Now why don’t you just go back to your own and leave this family alone!”

Shayna ran out of the house. Chris followed after her. He found her crying next to the creek near the large boulder where they first met.

“I know this is hard,” He said, “but we had to break it to them sometime. We’ve been seeing each other for more than five months now.”

“I know. But no Hatfield has ever dated a McCoy.”


297 Words


Flash Story limited to 300 Words
Must contain the line: "you aren't welcome here."

Editor's Pick Drama Newsletter 09/23/2015
Editor's Pick Romance/Love Newsletter 09/30/2015
© Copyright 2015 BScholl (the0hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2058098-Dichotomy