*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2058451-THE-AMBASSADOR
Rated: E · Short Story · Nonsense · #2058451
A surreal humorous short story.
THE AMBASSADOR FREES HIMSELF FROM A PREVIOUS COMMITMENT

As enchanting and extraordinary the following story might seem, we are going to tell you how is it possible to put it into words.
In the heart of an unknown city, “Pe-Pereppepe'” was the daily chant of Ambassador Nikolai Backflip. He loved to print and that’s all he did day in and day out, not for money but for the affection he had for his job, and that was making the current Gods very upset.
At this very moment, the Ambassador, that according to legend was continually fixated on a famous play by Aristofane, was printing at a fast pace, moving increasingly to his right so much so that it became his left.
The city monarch, stripped by his abilities to govern the place, demanded that Ambassador Backflip would show himself in front of him only with the use of his passport; failing to do so the monarch would have requested the use of ambiguous vaccines and the mandatory listening of the evocatively Austrian Christmas song, very well known everywhere but there.
Nikolai didn’t show up though, and instead sent a wanna be director with a film reel that showed the Ambassador taking cheap shots at the monarch, a short movie that was very well appreciated even by the most voracious silent movie lovers...fish!!
As you have just realized, the Ambassador was not waisting his time with futile matters.
Anyway, expect everything, since from now on I will choose for you.
© Copyright 2015 Massimo (masfusion at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2058451-THE-AMBASSADOR