*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2058614-Just-another-day
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2058614
544 words entry
After another day of searching for a job, applying and getting rejected yet again, she gave up and shut down the computer with a bang. She was hungry and irritated, and on the verge of another bout of crying when she remembered there was no milk in the fridge, and without that she would have to go hungry to bed. She was running out of money, with the amount left in bank she could survive a week more if she stuck to her diet of milk and oats. She was running out of options.

She picked up her mobile and the door keys and hurried out wearing only her pajamas, if she took the time to change the corner shop will close down for the night. It closed around 11.30 and it was already 11.25. She almost didn’t make it, but she saw the open sign still hanging on the door. She rushed inside and came to an immediate halt.

There was a man wearing a mask and waving a gun at the shop attendant. It was the blond girl with big boobs that seemed to be spilling out of the uniform.

“What else could go wrong!” she muttered wondering out loud.

The attention of the man did not waver. He was so keen to terrorise the blondie that he didn’t even seem to notice her entry into the shop.

She took out her phone and typed furiously- man with a gun!!

And pressed sent.

The message was sent to her on-and-off-boyfriend. She believed that he was a smart guy and lived just around the block. He would surely do something.

She glanced at the phone and almost cried out in horror!

The message read- Man having fun!!

Autocorrect is so annoying!! She would have strangled the person who thought it was a brilliant idea to install it in every device.
‘No point crying over spilled milk’, she thought. Now there will be lot to explain to him.

But before that she should do something about the situation at hand. She looked around her, packet of chips and biscuits even ice-creams but nothing to help her beat that man senseless. She was feeling suffocated with her helpless situation, and anger was building up inside her.

The blond girl was now sobbing loudly and the man kept muttering and waving the gun at her, sometimes pointing it towards his own head.

She could not take the suspense any longer, she took a milk bottle and tiptoed towards the man. He didn’t even realise that he was hit, before he slid down on the ground, unconscious.

She picked up her phone which had fallen on the ground, and dialed 911. The girl was now wailing loud enough for the whole block to hear. There was no limit to how annoying people can get!

She looked at the broken milk bottle and remembered what she had come to do in the first place. She walked back to the rack, picked up a bottle and left the money on the counter. She shut the door behind her and started walking towards her apartment.

She glanced at her watch, it showed was three minutes to 12, she was getting ready to spend another day searching uselessly for a job.
© Copyright 2015 Torschlusspanik (amiman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2058614-Just-another-day