*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2059006-Kicking-off-my-addiction-for-shopping
by mahima
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Writing · #2059006
online shopping is fun until becomes an addiction
{center}Kicking off my addiction for online shopping

Shopping online can be fun and convenient until it becomes a serious addiction .To some online shopping is a great way to buy stuff which isn't available easily in the market or to get good deals at products but for me it had become a serious addiction .Shopping for me is a mood up lifter ,some may jokingly call as retail therapy .As Rebecca Bloomwood from the movie Confessions Of a Shopaholic had said ''when I shop the world gets better ,the world is better .And then it's not anymore. And i just have to do it again ''was pretty much the same case with me.


I was first introduced to the world of online shopping through an advertisement on television. Little did I know that a television advertisement would take a whole life of its own .Being able to sit comfortably in your couch and by tapping and clicking your fingers to your keyboard and of corse a good eye to find what you are looking for would be so much fun .My first online purchase was a pair of beautiful pink sandals and wait for the courier guy to deliver at my door step was very much anticipated .But to my dismay ,it was a size large .But being a compulsive shopper I had to do it again and from there on I continued my spree for shopping online .


I found out about different kinds of websites and the amazing stuff they offered at such good deals !Now who could resist all those designer labels which isn't available in your country and at great value !!Not me .
Few months later I became a pro .I knew when to shop ,when the sale starts ,when does the websites get updated .I no longer needed to drive at the shopping mall ,stand in the long awaited que in front of the trial room .I became such a regular that I was greeted by my first and my last name when signing into my favourite online boutique .

Later my habit went mobile .I had synced to all the online boutiques and downloaded their apps to get notified with their upcoming sales .I'd be doing my daily chores all while day dreaming about the perfect summer dress .After a long day ,almost every night I would tug into my blanket ,until the wee hours of the night adding item after item to my shopping cart ,trying not to feel guilty about it since I am getting all of them at such lower prices than what i would have got in the markets!!


My online purchases made me more excited .The days when I came late from my college a pile of boxes greeted me at my front door .Day after day my craving to buy something and anything online had escalated until one day my mother made me realize about the exorbitant amount I had spent in the past few months which did make me feel guilty about it .Thereupon I have kept this habit at bay and shop when I really need to .

© Copyright 2015 mahima (mahima06 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2059006-Kicking-off-my-addiction-for-shopping