*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2059271-Stop-Doing-That--Its-Not-My-Fault
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2059271
Read what happens when one Dress Shoe hates the other Dress Shoe.

The Word Count, including this line, is 686.

"Stop Doing That. It's Not My Fault"



     The left Dress Shoe kicked the right Dress Shoe. When it did the right Dress Shoe went sailing through the air. It hit the wall hard – and slid down the wall leaving a black shoe polish all the way down.

     When the right Dress Shoe reached the bottom it shook itself free of being a little dizzy. "Why did you do that to me?"

     "Because I don't like you," said the left Dress Shoe. "You get all the best shoe shines. I barely get any polish at all."

     "That isn't true." The right Dress Shoe said. "And even if it is it's not my fault. I'm not the one who is putting on the polish. I have no say in how much polish I get."

     "Once a week we get polished. And every week you always get at least twice as much polish as you get. And it's usually a lot more than that," said the left Dress Shoe.

     Both Dress Shoes had been dancing around. It was obvious to the right Dress Shoe that the left Dress Shoe wanted to kick him again. And he wasn't going to let that happen.

     The left Dress Shoe got close several times. But so far it hadn't been able to even get close to the right Dress Shoe. It's a good thing the owner of those shoes was a messy person. You would think someone with shoes that nice and expensive looking, not to mention being polished on a regular basis, would have a Sleeping Room that looks like that.

     If the Dress Shoes where in the small room used for clothing, under clothing, hands and feet protectors, etc. the left Dress would never have been able to kick the right Dress Shoe. But they weren't in that small room.

     The right Dress Shoe couldn't even remember the last time they were in that small room. All it can remember is being above the floor on a metal spike of some kind – next to the left Dress Shoe.

     Finally the left Dress Shoe gets a kick to connect. It barely connected to the back upper part of the right Dress Shoe. But just barely. There was a big long open gash where the connection happened now.

     "Would you quit doing that," said the right Dress Shoe. "What is the owner going to think when he see that streak?"

     "I don't care what he thinks. All I care about is being treated like everyone else here. You are the only treated better than me. You're just the first one I am going to kick the polish out of. Once I finish with you it's their turn next."

     Once again the dancing began. But this time it wasn't a shoe to shoe dance. The left Dress Shoe was getting mad. At least that's what it looked like to the right Dress Shoe. It thought that because the left Dress Shoe was trying to high kick it.

     Which means the left Dress Shoe wasn't coming in close to try to kick the right Dress Shoe. The right Dress Shoe was trying to use strength to kick the right Dress Shoe. And to do that the left Dress Shoe had to run at the right Dress Shoe as fast as it could. But by doing that the right Dress Shoe had plenty of time to get out of the way of the left Dress Shoe.

     The left Dress Shoes got close a few times. But not close enough to make a connection. At least most of the time it didn't. It only took one time to make that connection. And the left Dress Shoe was about to connect with the right Dress Shoe.

     When the left Dress Shoe kicked the right Dress Shoe it sent it sailing again – right out a closed glass Outside Viewer. As the right Dress Shoe breaks through that glass it gets cut up pretty bad. The right Dress Shoe was dripping polish all the way down to the ground below.


The End?




© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2059271-Stop-Doing-That--Its-Not-My-Fault