*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060591-coming-out
Rated: E · Monologue · Drama · #2060591
A mother whos daughter has just come out to her.
No, it cant be true. Can it? Not my Martha. She cannot be a lesbian, no one in my family is gay. No she would have told me earlier, wouldn't she? I would have listened, i would have got her help. She wouldn't have ended up like this if she had just talked to me sooner. Gay? Does she not realise how wrong it is? Its not normal but My daughter is normal. Martha is my dream child, intelligent, obedient and an overall lovely person. But now she is a lesbian what does that make her. Is she a different person now she has told me what gender she likes, or maybe i was wrong all along? Maybe liking the same gender isn't such a life changing thing... Maybe it is normal?
Why couldn't she have told me? I wanted her to be able to confide in me but because of the way i acted i was the last to know.
I should've been a better mother, i should've known she was different from the beginning. I should've known she was hiding something.
I cant believe i let society blind me with what they thought was right and what was wrong and now my beautiful daughter has lost years of her life pretending to be someone she doesn't want to be, well that stops now.
© Copyright 2015 Lucy.Todd (lucy.todd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060591-coming-out