*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060671-Stuck-in-the-sand
by G unit
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Fantasy · #2060671
3 teenagers buried in the sand are left with only their heads exposed. What will happen?
It was dark, but I could see a form of light through what seemed to be a form of cloth. My body was restricted in movement. It was cold and I could not muster the strength to move against the pressure that was inexplicably surrounding me and rendering me motionless. What was going on?

All of a sudden, the sun came flooding in. The sun immediately started burning my face. It was a very hot day after all. The weather man in yesterday's weather report said it was going to be around 96 degrees (38 degrees celcius). I guessed by the suns position it was around 3pm. I checked out my surroundings. My first observation was that my entire body, with the exception being my head, was completely buried in sand. I also noticed that about three feet in front of me there was a chair and an chilly bin at the side of each chair, contents unknown. I looked around and realised that two other males were situated 6 feet away and apart from each other. and were also stuck in the same predicament as I was. I noticed that one other individual, a man, was now sitting at the side of this situation, cleverly smirking to himself, and always maintaining eye contact with us. This man looked very unkempt. Wild brown hair with a very bushy beard like a pirate.

The man asked each one of the boys and me to introduce themselves by name and age only. He had a very gruff yet entertaining tone to his voice, not to mention very loud. The boy on the left identified himself as Jason and that he was 17. The boy in the middle identified himself as Greg and that he was also 17. I told the man my name was Josh and I was 16. The man introduced himself and Hector and that we would be in for a big surprise. With that, he gave a great resounding whistle and smirked.

Out of the side of the bushes came three younger boys and they were all smiling gleefully as if they had won the lottery. The came closer and stood behind each of the chairs. I noticed that all three of them were wearing soccer uniforms, complete with shin pads, boots and glistening with sweat. "What are your names and ages?" Hector asked. The first boy (opposite Jason) was Alex and he was 12. The second boy (opposite Greg) was Kevin and he was also 12. The third boy (opposite me) was Ethan and was 13.

"Before you take a seat boys, I want to explain what is going on here," Hector said, smile still in place. "I wanted to conduct an experiment and found these three boys playing soccer one day. They were quite good. But I noticed something that I never though would come to my mind. I could smell something awful in the air and was not quite sure what it was. But it got my mind thinking: how much smell can one person take. Go ahead and take a seat boys and have a can of coke." Hector added. The boys took a seat on each of the three chairs and opened the chilly bin to find an assortment of chips, lollies, drinks and other snacks. "Anyway, I approached these 3 boys 6 weeks ago and asked them a few peculiar things, like not changing their socks, train double as much, do as much sport as you can with those socks on. You know, the normal things." Hector's smile broadened while my face went white. "I told these boys they would get their feet massaged at the end of 6 weeks. These boys have had two matches of soccer this morning in sweltering heat and I think it's about time to open these puppies up and find out just how my experiment goes. Boys, whenever you are ready, you can take a load off" Hector said, while laughing.

The boys were all grinning ear to ear upon hearing this news. Ethan, in front of me, rested his cleats only centimetres in front of my face. I knew this was not going to end well for me. Just as he was starting to take them off, Hector chimed in with "Remember boys, there is no time limit. Just enjoy the moment. And if these boys don't like it, there's not a lot that they can do about it. HAAHAHAHAHAHA." Ethan resumed taking his cleats off and I saw the socks in front of me starting to get closer. They were navy blue, with white heel and toes, except the white was no longer white, but a yellowish orange stain from the sweat. Also, the socks were actually dripping wet. Before I knew it, they were on my face and they smelled like cheese, vinegar, rotten garbage and were so wet. I was nearly sick. And the worst part was, Hector was right, I could not do a thing about it. He also kept wiggling his toes and making the smell worst and making my face more uncomfortable, not to mention the sweat dripping in my mouth.

I noticed over the top of his socks Ethan then called over Hector and whispered something in his ear, to which Hector laughed and said, "You can do whatever you want" I was scared what he asked but was soon going to be answered. The socks finally came off my face, but he took them off and said "Open up, or I starting farting on you and I have devilled eggs in this chilly bin." I opened my mouth, fully expecting the socks to go into my mouth, but he simply rang his socks out and my mouth was filled with sock sweat. He then put his bare feet on my face to smell and boy, were those 10 times worse. His toes kept wiggling, attacking my face at every opportunity. After about 20 minutes, he took them off my face and put them in the sand. When he lifted them, the sand stuck on his feet and Ethan said "Lick it off, or you know what will happen." I licked and licked until all the sand was gone. As soon as that was done, he got up, told Hector he had enough. To my horror, he said, "OK, but be back tomorrow with the other socks that you had on underneath those ones. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA."

© Copyright 2015 G unit (joshuagroat90 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2060671-Stuck-in-the-sand