*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061417-The-Wicked-Witchs-Wicked-Speech
by Nix
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #2061417
A fractured fairy tale. The real story behind the red shoes of OZ. Flash fiction challenge

Word count: 295
Challenge words: wheat, oil and dust.

The Wicked Witch's Wicked Speech



"Why should a bunch of goodie goodies get all the happy endings? We're only evil because they made us that way!" The Wicked Witch threw up her hands yelling to the packed hall at the Anti-Happily Ever After Convention, feeling honoured to be the key speaker.

The room erupted in applause.

"Tell us your story!" called out the wolf.

She took a deep breath and began.

"Once a long long time ago, the children of OZ made it their mission to torment me. Everyday they would corner me and call me Mouldy Moron. It was not my choice to be born green. One day it all became too much and I set out to find a cure. After many months, I came across a great and powerful wizard. He had heard of my torment and handed over a small bottle of red liquid. It was is a rare and powerful potion; made with a wheat based oil, a strand of unicorn hair and a mouldy strawberry. 'Throw it into a fire', he instructed. So that night I did."

"What happened!" cried the Red Queen.

The Wicked Witch looked out at the crowd. A huge smile spread across her face. "JUSTICE."

This sent the crowd into a frenzy of cheers.

"A cloud of red dust engulfed all of OZ. And in the morning, they awoke to find themselves with dark red mouldy skin. They were horrified. The spell only lasted for one week, but the Good Witch's shoes remained covered in that glittery red dust. FOREVER. A constant reminder of their wickedness. I was never tormented again."

Another cheer rang out.

"The morale of the story" said the Wicked Witch "is that sometimes, the best medicine is a big dish of revenge."



© Copyright 2015 Nix (nix2015 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061417-The-Wicked-Witchs-Wicked-Speech