*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061530-Thanks-a-Lot-Leaves
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2061530
Coffee is spilled all over a computer keyboard - thanks to some leaves.

Thanks a Lot Leaves


     It was very hot in her house that day. And Hillina couldn’t turn on the Cooler because it wasn’t time yet. So she opened a window to cool off. When she did a bunch of leaves blew in.

     Hillina was shocked about that. She told her two kids, Kiven and Shrai, to clean up the leaves in the back yard. But the last time she looked they hadn’t even started doing it. Hillina even offered them five Units each to do it. She was sure they would do it then. And apparently they did.

     Kiven and Shrai not only cleaned up the leaves they also put it right outside her Home/Office window. Well, it wasn’t exactly right outside. Hillina also didn’t know there were that many leaves for them to clean up. If she had realized that she would have offered her ten Units each. She still could give it to them though for doing such a good job.

     It all started right after she got herself a cold cup of coffee. When she got back to her Home/Office she started working on her computer again. Hillina was only on her computer a few minutes when she decided to open the window.

     When Hillina opened up that window not only did the leaves blow in but there was so many of them some of them knocked over the cup of coffee – right onto the keyboard for the computer. As soon as it did there were sparks. There wasn’t a lot of them. But there was enough that Hillina left the room.

     “That’s why you never eat or drink anywhere near your computer,” said Hillina to herself. “Now what am I going to do?”


The End?






© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061530-Thanks-a-Lot-Leaves