*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061776-Inner-Thoughts
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Gasper
Rated: E · Short Story · Writing · #2061776
One of my spur of the moment write ups. Very short. Enjoy
Picture a scene. A researcher looks at unsuspecting ants trough a looking glass, the ants working away above and beneath the earth, suspended in a narrow glass box. The tunnels under the ground are visible at the side of the glass box. Weaved into a complex cacophony of roads all intertwined. Above ground they surge upon their dead prey. Bit by bit eating away at the now rotting corpse.

Imagine now this as a whole. The ants above ground a representation of a persons outer layer, and the underground maze the inner layer.

Impacts are first placed upon the outer layer. The food, the interactions, a small shake of a hand, the way you look someone in the eye. In our lives it takes the same meaning as the prey does to the ants. It is then soaked into the inner layer. Our personality, the way we emphatize, our morality....

It all weaves into a person.

And every other person is that researcher. He who tries to study the ants trough a looking glass instead of simply watching them burrow beyond the light.

Sometimes i look at how the sun breaches the clouds, its rays shining with a force of a thousand suns. I wander if our little universe isn't an ant farm.
© Copyright 2015 Gasper (papizdano at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061776-Inner-Thoughts