*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061798-The-70s-party
Rated: E · Short Story · Friendship · #2061798
birthday party for a friend
The invitation comes in the form of a group Text. to about 20 of us.

It says we are having a 70's theme birthday party for one of our closest friends, you are invited, The only request is that you have to dress up like you were in the seventy's.
Hmmm.. I ponder that thought. I look to my husband and smile and say " this could be fun."
I text back with a yes we will be there reply.

The next morning I go shopping, I look at the second hand stores to see what I can find, as I am looking through racks of clothes, I come across a pair of dark blue polyester bell bottom dress pants. " I think gosh those are so ugly. I put them in the cart. then I go look for a shirt. I again am looking through the racks, and I come across a blue silk shirt with the big collars. I put that in the cart. Then I start to look for something for me to wear.
I do find a pair of brown corduroy bell bottom pants, and a shirt with some wild colors in it with the big bell sleeves.. I then go look for a headband, I find one with a feather in it. next are earrings. I find a pair of big hoops that have the peace sign design on them and a beaded necklace with a peace sign also. As I am looking around I think about what else I can do. I look for a Afro for my husband. but with no luck. so I am finished shopping and head over to Walmart..
Since its Halloween season I am in luck, I find a black Afro wig.. "perfect" I say. I also find some round sunglasses, and some big gold chains for around his neck. and of course some hair for his chest. I say to my self "there he is all done"

Once we are dressed, we head over to my brother-in-laws house. We are coming up the steps. my brother-in-law starts to open the door, and bends over laughing so hard tears are coming out of his eyes. He does this for at least 3 minutes. "He says oh my God" what are you doing, you guy's look hallarious"
We explain that we are going to a birthday party.. and that we just stopped over to say hi and show you are costumes.

As we get to the party we see our other friends, they are aslo dressed up. everyone is laughing and complimenting each other on out outfits, dancing, playing pool, and drinking.

Our favorite bartender "Lucky" is also behind the bar dressed up. When people come into the bar they instantly start laughing, "saying that dressing up is a good idea. They love the costumes. Everyone is having a good time.
The customers want to have a contest, they want to judge on the best three costumes for both the girls and the guys.

Everyone that is in costume stands up in the front of the bar. and the customers choose the best costumes.
I was one of the lucky ones to win. The winners won a free 18 hole with cart round of golf at our local golf course.

As the night winds down, the hats, wigs, and costumes jewelry start coming off. The people are starting to say there goodbyes.
The 70's party is ending, everyone had a great time. lots of good memories, lots of good conversation,

What a way to end a birthday party.
© Copyright 2015 Rebecca (snowkids45 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061798-The-70s-party