*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061942-Wheres-My-Doll
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2061942
This is my entry for the 10/16 Daily Flash Fiction Challenge.

Where’s My Doll?


     “Mom, do you remember where I put my doll last?” yelled Becca. She was the cutest eight-year-old girl there ever was. At least her parents thought she was.

     Katherine, Becca’s mother, was vacuuming in the living room. And she did hear, or even see, Becca. But she did after Becca tugged on her shirt sleeve. “What do you want now Becca?”

     It might have sounded like Katherine was mad at. But she wasn’t. “Have you seen my doll?”

     “Which doll are you talking about? You have about a million of them,” said Katherine.

     “My favorite doll mom,” said Becca. “And I don’t have a million dolls either.”

     “No, I haven’t seen that doll. Let me finish with the vacuuming and I will help you find it,” said Katherine.

     Suddenly there was a thud from outside. “The evening newspaper is here,” said Katherine. “Will you go out and get it Becca?”

     “I will if it’s not stuck in the tree again,” Becca said. “It sounded like it hit the roof. And when it does that it ends up in the top of the tree.”

     Becca went out to get the newspaper. At first she didn’t see it. But that’s because she was looking up into the only tree they had. When she looked down at the base of the tree she found it. It was on a small bush. And there was a single leaf on it.

     When Becca reached, and she had to stretch a little to do that, a bunch more leaves fell onto her hand and the newspaper. Among those leaves was a small spider. Becca screamed.

     Katherine came running out the door when she heard Becca scream. “What happened?”

     “Nothing happened,” Becca said. “It was just a spider.”


The End?


© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2061942-Wheres-My-Doll