*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2062254-Ordinary-Moments-Extraordinary-Reactions
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Prose · Writing · #2062254
The littlest of moments can create the greatest of reactions.


Ordinary Moments, Extraordinary Reactions

The little things can make a bad day so much better. No matter how small, they can turn a bad day into a better -or even a good- day. So, whatever you do, don't take happy moments for granted. Underneath their small appearance, tiny moments can have huge effects. They are ripples in a pond, forming larger waves as they go and washing away bad times.

Looking out the window and seeing birds at the bird feeder.

Receiving a "good morning" text the morning after you stayed up all night cramming for a big test.

The way pets get so excited when you finally come home from a long day.

The first day the ridiculous Florida heat backs down and you can finally wear your favorite sweater again.

Treasure the good memories and save them for a rainy day when everything bad happens and you're sure it's the worst day ever. Even if those moments can't make everything perfect again, they can make something a little bit better. They can give you the strength to fight on and get past the bad moments.

Don't take the small moments for granted, and give them out to people in your life in return. Send that random text asking "how are you?" Tell your friends "I saw this and it reminded me of you!" If they're having a bad day, these things can help them get through it. Even if they aren't having a bad day, these moments can make their day even better and help them through hard times in the future.

We're only here for one lifetime. Take advantage of what comes your way. Learn from bad times but don't let them control you, and enjoy the good moments, small as they are.


© Copyright 2015 Libster (karmar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2062254-Ordinary-Moments-Extraordinary-Reactions