*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2062646-One-Single-Bone
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2062646
What do the words sleep, drum and bone have in common. Read on to find out.

One Single Bone


     “It’s a single bone,” said Head Inspector Hindar. “But what is it doing here?”

     “I don’t know if it’s male or female,” said Head Medic Stilla. “But I think it’s a male.“

     “How long has it been here?” Hindar was looking around the construction site for any more bones.

     Hindar finally got some sleep when he was awakened by the sound of a drum. Which was his Communication Message Announcement. While still half asleep Hindar looked at the message. It said: ‘You aren’t going to believe what has been found. Meet me at the construction site at Weavintoin and Baulton.’

     “I just got home from solving another murder. And I haven’t gotten any sleep in days.” Hindar contacted Stilla. “Can’t you find someone else to solve this murder.”

     “I’m not even sure this is a murder,” Stilla had said. “But I think it is.”

     After getting dressed Hindar meet Stilla. By the time he got there Stilla was almost finished examining the bone found. And after checking out the rest of the construction site no other bones were found.

     “The bone has been here about twenty years,” said Stilla. “And I think from the size of it it’s probably from a leg. I won’t know for sure about how long or where the bone is from until I can analize it. The rest of the bones would help me out a lot too.”

     “Maybe an animal buried it,” suggested Hindar. “Could that be what happened?”

     “An animal didn’t bury it,” said Stilla. “It’s too deep for an animal to have buried it. Someone never wanted it to be found. That’s why I contacted you. I think it’s murder. What I want to know is where is the rest of the bones?”


The End?






© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2062646-One-Single-Bone