*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2062793-School-day-perspective
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Novella · Writing · #2062793
A school day from Matthew's point of view but who is Matthew?
Today was like any other, another boring school day. Matthew groaned, he'd woken late and missed his morning coffee, he was tired and so was irritable. He knew what lay ahead of him, his usual rowdy tutor group, trying to insult him for no apparent reason, lots of boring work and probably half a lesson of silence at some point during the day.

As he stepped into the musty class room, an immediate chorus of voices greeted him with childish remarks. The pupils shouts could probably be heard from the playground. Without much luck, Matthew attempted to make the class quieten. The class continued to gossip to each other even as the register was taken. Rebecca wasn't in today, and Tom was marked in late as usual. Matthew honestly couldn't wait till the bell went. Although his next class wasn't any more behaved.

After tutor, Matthew tried to find his next class. Forgetting they were going to be typing up presentations, the majority of the class, including Matthew, had gone to their normal room. However, the room they were usually in was already packed with people sitting their exams. This reminded him of a test later on in the day but there was no time to think of that now.
Everyone was reliant on Matthew to find the IT room as they had no clue themselves. Also, they were to preoccupied with pointing the blame at each other to use any reminisce of their brain power to find their way around. Eventually everyone made it to the lesson only to find the other half of the class waiting for them, confused at where everyone else had been.

Inside his next class, everyone was falling asleep. No one could be bothered to write PEEL paragraphs that they'd been learning. As there wasn't a single person who listened in this class, no one even knew what a PEEL paragraph was so expecting them to write anything proved an impossible task.

Like an alarm clock, waking up the slumbered students, the bell rung out across the school. Break was upon them. Trudging outside into the rain, Matthew realised he'd have nothing to do but stand in the pouring rain for the entirety of break. No one bothered to start conversation with him. Outside was rather cold and I've already mentioned the rain. It wasn't at all pleasant. He wondered what his next class would say, he really didn't care. Honestly, he was surprised how many people were still running around or huddled in large groups on the playground despite the sky opening up chucking buckets of water down on them. He stood there in his long black anorak, taking off his blue framed glassed as he could no longer see. When would this day end.

Luckily for him, the third lesson of the day flew by. Lunch went by fairly quickly as well though he was sat in the unusually empty classroom for a detention session with everyone who'd messed about in the previous class on forgotten their homework. Whilst eating his chicken wrap, he wrote revision notes for the next class.

The bell for fourth lesson had rung and by this time, everyone was panicked about the upcoming test. Matthew shared round revision notes and for once people were actually grateful he was there. People were in and out of their seats grabbing dictionaries and coloured paper to create prompt cards, overall this class was the busiest compared to all the other classes in the day. Matthew enjoyed the revision periods. It was that one time when all the pupils were creative and practiced their individual ways of memorising things. People were no longer robots. They had their own character to them. Some nervous of the upcoming exam, some who really didn't care for their grades and others who could easily ace the test without trying. The class was very much alive.

The final lesson of the day was quite the opposite to the busy, alive class seen in the lesson before. It was time for a dreaded assessment. Fortunately, these weren't their final results, however this determined everyone's predicted grades. "Your time starts now."
Frightened eyes skim the questions written out on the multiple pages of gloom. The classroom was filled with silence. You could hear a pin drop, had someone dropped one. Any sight sound caught Matthew's attention, the click of the pen, the turn of a page, the sigh of a stressed child who knew they learned this but can't remember the answers.
5 minuets left and everyone realises how much they have left to complete. Hurriedly, pens scribble words out onto a page, a lot faster than before until... "Times up"

The papers are collected in, weary students go home after a long day, ready for a well earned rest before tomorrow but Matthew stays on a while longer.

Sitting down to his desk once again, he reaches for the first of many papers freshly completed by the class. He reaches for a pen and scratches red ink onto their work, correcting mistakes, marking questions right and smiling at some of the creative responses given. This time it's hard for him not to fall asleep, after all it's been a long day and teaching is a tiring job.
© Copyright 2015 Zebra.Zoe (zebra.zoe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2062793-School-day-perspective