*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2063248-Not-Just-a-Waste-Dump
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2063248
It used to be a beautiful Planet. Now it was a waste dump. And a whole lot more.

Not Just a Waste Dump


     The planet of Kakaran was a Waste Dump. Every planet in that area used it as a Waste Dump. It used to be a beautiful planet. One of the most beautiful in the Universe. That’s what it was before it destroyed itself about a thousand years ago. For the last six hundred years it had been a Waste Dump.

     There were Kakarans still living on there. If you call being a zombie living. But there were only a few of them left. The same is true about animals too – like an owl. There weren’t very many animals on Kakaran anymore either.

     About four hundred years ago the Kakarans did try to bring life back to their planet. They brought in a witch to cast a spell. But it didn’t work. In fact, it got worse.

     It wasn’t just waste that was being dumped there. A lot of planets were starting to send their dead there too. There wasn’t a day that didn’t go by that a ship showed up to drop off some more dead bodies. Like the waste dumping the ships wouldn’t land. They sent the dead down through long tubes while they stayed in orbit.

     The other planets were also using Kakaran for testing too. If a weapon, disease etc. needed to be tested. It was tested on Kakaran first.

     Probably the worst thing that had ever happened on Kakaran was when some of the planets started hunting there. They loved hunting the living dead. After all, it’s very hard to kill someone who was already dead. But it could be done. That was the biggest challenge of them all. There was always a chance they could become victims too. But that was another challenge to defeat.


The End?


© Copyright 2015 PureSciFi (spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2063248-Not-Just-a-Waste-Dump