*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2063598-The-Owl-and-the-Magpie
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by TWMYTH
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2063598
Owl saves the neighborhood from zombies
The Owl and the Magpie
By TWMYTH
Word count= 297

The White Owl was beautiful. But, as he was calmly hooting in his tree one Halloween Eve, he suddenly began to hear children screaming.
He decided to check it out and find out why they were carrying on so loudly, disturbing his calm and peaceful hooting.
As he flew over the children's homes, he saw hundreds of children, running feverishly down the street yelling "Zombie! Zombie!"
Owl tried to inquire about the nature of their yelling by asking the local magpie She informed Owl that a "Zombie is following all the children making them run away."
Owl's eye's suddenly became much larger than his normal large eyes already are at hearing this astounding news! "A Zombie?" he asked the Magpie? "Yes," "A Zombie is scaring all the neighborhood children! How many times do I need to tell you!" the Magpie replied.
At that point, Owl stated to the Magpie, "Well. I'm going to do something about this! I'm going to get the assistance of the local witch and have her rid the neighborhood of this terrible and spooky Zombie!"
Before Magpie had a chance to reply to Owl's outrageous comment, Owl quickly spread his white wings as wide as he could, and flew South toward Witches Watch. And, he didn't take off but a moment too soon when the Zombie showed up!
Within moments (of course Magpie felt like it was hours), Owl returned to his tree. He told Magpie that "all will be well when the clock strikes 12." Magpie asked him "how so Owl?" Owl informed Magpie that the Witch he spoke to informed him that "at midnight, the zombie's fright will end and Halloween Eve will return to normal as though nothing ever occurred." "Unless...."



© Copyright 2015 TWMYTH (weeksteri at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2063598-The-Owl-and-the-Magpie